RainWise AgroMET - Model IP-100 - Package Professional Agricultural Weather System
The AgroMET professional weather system has been designed with the grower in mind! Our durable and dependable weather station collects on-site environmental information critical to making informed decisions for best practice planting, spraying and watering schedules. The agricultural specific weather data is sent to our cloud-based web hosting service, RainwiseNet, via a small and easy to install network interface, the IP-100. No computer link is necessary for uploading data from your weather station through the IP-100 to the web.
The IP-100 provides unprecedented transmission and access to real-time weather data in multiple formats:
- Online via RainwiseNet(Software included)
- Purchase our RainWise iPhone or iPad app for access to your data on the go!
- If available in your region, you can participate in the Network for Environmental & Weather Awareness (NEWA) and receive the latest in pest and crop forecasts. Access toNEWA is free of charge.
The AgroMET comes factory assembled and ready to install. The 1 mile line-of-sight transmission to the IP-100 network interface allows for optimum weather station placement. The IP-100 unit simply connects to a router or switch to communicate directly with the RainwiseNet cloud server.
The RainWise AgroMET Weather Station is the official weather station authorized by NEWA for recording temperature, leaf wetness, relative humidity, precipitation, solar radiation, wind speed and direction. This essential data is sent via radio from your AgroMET Weather Station to the IP-100 where it is decoded and sent on to RainwiseNet; no computer is required - you just need a connection to the Internet. RainwiseNet exchanges your information with the NEWA server so your data is always available on both websites.
The value of weather data is greater when it can be shared. NEWA makes it possible for farmers to share resources for weather data collection, analysis, distribution, and archiving. More About NEWA...
NEWA users reported that they can save, on average, $19,500 per year in spray costs and prevent, on average, $264,000 per year in crop loss as a direct result of using NEWA pest forecast models. More NEWA News and Reports...
NEWA was formed in 1995 and continues to evolve to stay current with advances in pest and weather forecasting. It is operated by and funded through the NYS IPM Program. Today, NEWA partners with the Northeast Regional Climate Center to deliver weather data and pest forecasts from over 100 sites in the northeast. More NEWA History...
NOTE: The AgroMET Weather Station must be purchased together with the RainWise IP-100 Network Interface to enable connection with NEWA.
This station has been designed to specifically support the agricultural community with the following key sensors:
- Leaf Wetness
- Wind Speed and Direction
- Solar Radiation
The sleek sensor assembly design is 33 inches high and weighs just over 7 pounds, and has been designed to offer durability and serviceability. It is the most accurate, durable and easiest to install weather station available.
The AgroMET features a powerful 2.4 GHz spread spectrum radio with a transmission range of up to 1 mile in the line of sight. It also features an industry best, real time 2 second wind speed and direction update interval.
- The solar charged battery supply is guaranteed to provide continues operation below 60 degrees latitude. The MK III will operate for at least 60 days without sun.
- Since there is no connection between the sensors and the power line, damage from thunderstorms is virtually eliminated and the sensors are immune to power line voltage surges.
- The initial sensor calibrations for wind, temperature, relative humidity and barometric pressure are traceable to the National Institute of Standards and Technology.
- The passive solar shield for the temperature and humidity sensors are modeled after the ones designed by the National Weather Service.All materials used in the sensor assembly and weather instruments have been chosen for their durability and resistance to weathering and corrosion.
- All of our weather station hardware is stainless steel. The station is fabricated from fiberglass and structural PVC and is ultra-violet inhibited. The optional Mono Mount is made from powder coated steel and is supplied with bolts for mounting.
The compact Rainwise IP-100 Network Interface facilitates unprecedented transmission and access of real time weather data from your RainWise AgroMET Weather Station to NEWA and the new RainWise online cloud based data hosting and web portal, RainwiseNet.
The IP-100 can also deliver instant, mobile real-time weather data to you via iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad RainWise apps (available through Apple iTunes), as well as via our inTouch vivid color 7' wireless touchscreen display.
The RainWise IP-100 is quick to install and comes with a simple online registration to enable direct data transmission from your AgroMET Weather Station. Getting your weather data is now easier than ever!