RAMP - Brakes
Titan Italia has been designing, testing and manufacturing wet ramp brakes since 1980 and its products are fitted on the leading brands of agricultural machinery worldwide. Titan has been one of the top manufacturers in the ramp brake sector for many years. Titan Italia’s standard range of wet ramp brakes is designed to meet the needs of today’s most commonly requested requirements and consists of:
- Ramp brakes with the traditional actuating system with connecting rods and pull rod: 4' – 5.6' – 6.5' - 7' - 8' – 8.75'.
- Ramp brakes with the wedge and pull rod actuating system: 6.5' - 8' – 9.5'.
- Ramp brakes with the F.O.C. (Floating Oil Cylinder) actuating system to activate the service brake and a separate mechanical system for the 8.75' parking and emergency brake.
- Ramp brakes with a fixed plate integrated into the transmission, available with and without servo effect.
- They are housed in an enclosed, sealed casing which protects them from dust, water and other pollutants which could compromise the brake’s performance.
- If correctly designed, they can withstand very heavy wear over time. Thanks to the oil bath and the porosity of the friction material, brake wear is reduced to a minimum. So problems linked to brake regulation or replacing worn parts become a thing of the past.
- The servoeffect, typical of ramp brakes, improves braking performance while keeping pressure on the pedal constant. Titan has developed a system whereby a fixed plate is built into the transmission, allowing increased control of this effect and enhanced, more effective and controlled braking.
Titan Italia has also patented the following systems:
- Drum brakes with automatic backlash recovery.
- Ramp brakes with the Floating Oil Cylinder actuating system. The F.O.C. hydraulic control keeps size to a minimum and improves performance.
- Brakes with wedge actuation. The mechanically-controlled wedge braking system enhances performance and is compact.
- Wedge braking system with improved control. Mechanic, hydraulic or air actuated.