Inter Aqua Advance was the first supplier of RAS systems to realize the specific needs for aquaculture in relation to water treatment, i.e. the importance of providing the nitrifying bacteria with optimum conditions. Inter Aqua Advance's main aim during the years was also to come with a concept that could compete with flow-through fish farms, both in terms of pristine water quality and economy. With the 3rd generation of recirculation technology, i.e. biofilm control systems we have achieved this.
The design of a RAS system is very specific to the fish species in question. Whilst a design in principle is engineered, the design criteria behind the engineering has to be based on knowledge of the biology and husbandry needs of a specific fish species.
In this respect, Inter Aqua Advance is very privileged in possesing the experience of Managing Director Jens Ole Olesen and Head of Business Development Ivar Warrer-Hansen. Both have worked with an array of fish species, both research related as well as in commercial fish farming over a period of 30 years. At the same time not many, if any, know more about recirculation technology,
both being involved from the very start of this development. They are acknowledged worldwide for their expertise and achievements.
Inter Aqua Advance supply RAS systems for following fish species
- Salmon fry and smolt Grow-out for trout and salmon
- Marine species, barramundi, Sea Bass, sea bream and kingfish
- Turbot and other flat fish
- Tilapia and other low priced quality fish
- Sturgeon and caviar
An Inter Aqua Advance recirculation unit will typically consist
- Removal of particles lager than 40 micron in a Hydrotech filter
- Biological treatment of ammonia and organic matter in theClearwater
- Moving Bed Bio Reactor by biofilm control
- Consequent de-gassing in the bioreactor
- Consequent fine particle removal in the bioreator
- Subsequent in-tank de-gassing at intensive production
- Centralised oxygenation system for optimal oxygen control infish tanks
- UV treatment
As the aeration configuration in the Clearwater Moving Bed Bio Reactor maintains oxygen levels above 90% saturation combined with biofilm control, we are able to make ammonia substrate limiting and hence achieve further reduction and lower ammonia and nitrite levels than any other recirulation concept.
This is a reason why it is possible to operate moch more intensively and more economically in an Inter Aqua Advance system than in any other on the market.
With the fine particle removal that takes place in the biorector, we achieve the highest level of water clarity seen to date