Slice through crop residue, open and form an even seed furrow, positive closing and packing for excellent seed to soil contact.
Walking Beam Design
The walking beam design provides excellent ground following, constant scraper to ground angle and positive furrow closing while creating weight transfer onto the disc blade for added penetration.
The proven parallel linkage system delivers 10” of transport height while allowing 18” of operating travel and constant down force over the entire working range.
Experience higher productivity with higher operating speeds coupled with your choice of Morris air carts.
- Rear mounted center placed fertilizer placement ensures seed openers run in undisturbed conditions for optimum seed placement.
- The heavy-duty 4×6 HSS rear bar features separate hinge pins and bracing.
- The double shoot system features the same RAZR disc unit for common parts, settings and proven performance.
- The rear fertilizer disc units can be locked up for single-shoot applications.
- This option is available for 10 inch spacing RAZR disc drills in 40, 50 feet widths (limited availability on 60’ widths).
16” spoke gauge wheel runs beside the disc to eliminate mud build up and plugging between the gauge wheel and disc blade. The carbide scraper provides extra wear life and strength.
20” diameter disc blade gives a long field life and allows for a reduced blade angle of 5 degrees while still forming the seed furrow.
Adjustments for seeding depth is quick and easy to set.
12” dual rib packer wheel connected to the walking beam closes the furrow and firms the soil over the seed.
Designed for unmatched performance and outstanding results
In-cab Pressure Control
Once set, pressure can be adjusted from the tractor cab for changing moisture and soil conditions.
Heavy duty 4” x 6” frame, non-greased composite linkage bushings with two 100-hour hub grease points make the drill durable and easy to service.
Efficient Tractor Hydraulic Control
The hydraulic accumulator acts as a hydraulic cushion for the row unit and significantly reduces the demand on the tractor hydraulics compared to continuous flow designs. Downward force can be adjusted from 200 to 690 lbs. depending on spacing and available frame weight.
Conveniently located on the front bar of the drill, the hydraulic valve manifold provides all the operator adjustments. The design reduces row unit cycle times by locking accumulator pressure in the hydraulic circuit during the row unit cycling, to avoid recharging the system each time the row units are lifted and lowered.
Sizes and Spacing
- The RAZR is available in a heavy-duty three-section frame configuration of 40 feet and five-section frames in sizes of 50 and 60 feet working widths.
- Spacing options are available in choices of 7.5”, 10” or 15”.