From Weed Control
The robovator is a vision based hoeing machine for controlling weed in row crops. The robot is equipped with a special plant detection camera above each row. It has a mechanical tool which is operated by hydraulic power.
The “intelligent” weeding tools are normally staying in the row but are moved out of the row when a crop plant is passing. The hydraulic components are very robust and designed for operating at high speed and long life. The specially designed plant detection cameras fitted on each parallelogram continuously monitors the passing plants . If a crop plant passes, the computer will send a signal to the hydraulic controlled tool which at the specified time will be moved out of the row. When the crop plant has passed, the tool will be moved into the row again.
If there is a gap in the row e.g. one or more plants are missing, the tool will just stay in the row. The automatic lateral control will make sure that the machine stays in the exact position even if the tractor goes off track.
- High performance of mechanical components
- Automatic lateral alignment of machine
- Each hoeing tools individually controlled by separate cameras
- Hydraulic operated for long lifetime
- On-board hydraulic and electric power supply
- Very simple to operate, also for the unskilled operator.
- Individual electronic adjustment of hoeing parameters during operation
- Hoeing tools are protected from overload by springs
- Suitable for transplanted crops until closing of the rows
- Available in 3 – 6 rows (see image below)
- Detection of weeds by discriminating between plant sizes
- High capacity, depending on soil and plant conditions – up to 4 km pr hour!
- Low power requirement, – only 5 KW (7 PS)