Model RS - Rice Seed Drill
Rice yields depend on the farmer’s capability to suppress weeds. Keeping this in mind, we have developed for our RS Tractor, a rice seed drill with a working width of 1.50 m with 6 seed pipes drilling rice seeds at an inter row distance of 18 to 20 cm. After sowing farmers can now apply herbicides between the rows with the RS Spot Weeder. Effective weeding will immediately double yields while at the same time the need for labour is greatly reduced through the use of the RS Spot Weeder.
The RS Rice Seed Drill is made with only first class parts, is of a very solid, low maintenance design and can drill rice (or even wheat) seeds in a range of 25 to 85 kg/hectare. Sowing is done by the fluted roller system, powered by a simple land wheel and chain with sprockets. Adjustment of seed rates is easily done with a single screw type adjuster. Field capacity of the seed drill is about one acre per hour.
It is evident that the seed drill can only work properly AFTER a good seedbed has been prepared with the RS Power Harrow.
The RS Rice Seed Drill is securely fixed to the Quick Release Hitch Point of the RS Tractor by 2 steel pins. Decoupling takes only a couple of minutes and one simple spanner delivered by Rumptstad with the machine. A piece of cake, even for people who are not mechanics.
- Working width: 1.5 m
- Seed bin volume: 60 litres
- Number of seed pipes: 6
- Sowing depth: 5 to 8 cm
- Inter row spacing: adjustable
- Fluted roller metering mechanism
- Adjustable seed application rate
- 6 seed pipes with seed coulters
- Choice of different type of coulters
- Adjustable in width
- Powered by land wheel and chain + sprockets
- Simple cover for seed bin
- Perfect for all rice varieties but also for wheat
- Made in Holland
- Top quality design/parts/steel
- Fluted rollers in cast aluminium
- Low maintenance costs
- Easy to operate
- Appropriate technology
- Different types of seed coulters
- Local assembly