Scanalyzer - Model 3D - Manual Loading Imaging Units
Manual loading imaging units with top and side imaging capabilities for 3D plant phenotyping. LemnaTec Scanalyzer3D systems open new prospects for the quantitative, non-destructive analysis of different crops or model plants under low-throughput conditions. Each plant can be imaged with Scanalyzer3D camera units, employing different wavelengths that reach far beyond human vision. The result is an unprecedented number of reproducible and significant data points on any aspect of plant development. All data is available in the database within minutes of imaging – for unparalleled monitoring of dynamic plant development. Comprehensive quantitative representation of plants in data-sets generates special data for physiological and genetic plant modeling to identify and quantify the concealed parameters that really control plant development. Such deep insights into plant biology accelerate phenomics and enable plant breeding to deal with the challenges of the 21st century.
Measured parameters for Plant Phenotyping- Plant Phenomics
Various parameters can be derived from the images aquired with all Scanalyzer Platforms. These parameters can be used to create a digital phenotype and are highly correlated to bilogical traits such as:Leaf area, Chlorophyll content, Stem diameter, Plant height / width, Growth rate, Stress pigment concentration, Tip burn, Biomass, Internodal length, Color, Leaf rolling, Plant Architectureand many more...
- Choose the hardware configuration to suit your research needs and budget
- Up to 9 different sensor technologies covering a wide field of application requirements
- Transport small to large plants, from 25g to 40kg, from Arabidopsis to plants of 3 metres in height
- Optional loading loop conveyor system for manual loading of multiple plants and automated imaging
- Scalable up to fully automated high-throughput phenotyping
- Overcome environmental effect with a choice of conveyor randomization strategies
- Barcode reading for automatic sample identification, tracking and databasing
- Choice of ICT structure and database management systems
- Scalable computational power covering all throughput and data amounts
- Immediate linking of all images to experimental data
- Flexible and automatic extraction of a wide range of test parameters across a huge-range of test models
- LemnaTecs LemnaLauncher product suite allows full control of your data and an option for easy data export to any 3rd part software if necessary
- The LemnaTec image analysis and statistic toolbox can be used with any hardware configuration
LemnaTec Scanalyzer3D platforms are often used for:
- Abiotic stress testing such as drought tolerance, waterlogging, water soil content analysis, water use efficiency
- None-destructive phenotyping and high-content screening
- Automated plant growth, biomass and growth rate calculation
- Climate change research
- Research into natural energy crops
- Smart breeding, QTL analysis,
- All areas of plant phenomics and plant phenotyping including shoot phenotyping and root phenotyping
All Scanalyzer systems utilize a central database interface for all LemnaTec software modules to save and store the data. High throughput systems such as Scanalyzer3D can produce vast amounts of data. Researchers have the flexibility to choose from a range of databases in different hardware environments to meet the exact requirements of the hardware configuration, researchers needs and local conditions. These solutions have been designed by LemnaTec in cooperation with Dell to guarantee worldwide support within 4 hours.
A LemnaTec database that is hosted on a dedicated server stores images in an FTP structure and all other experimental and meta-data in a SQL or Oracle Database. To host huge amounts of data expeditiously, LemnaTec provides specific administrative features such as:
- Sub-divide databases for different experiments or different workgroups
- Copy from one database to another to share images or results
- Protect data that cannot be overwrittenRestricted access to certain databases
- Provide different user levels with limited privilege
For high throughput applications specially designed server racks are available that contain a dedicated SUSE Linux Server that stores the data on an attached Raid storage array with a TB capacities. The storage can be extended with additional arrays. A second server is completely dedicated to the calculation of the image processing to guarantee fast availability of the results. In addition the rack contains a tape library as a backup system. In case of a power failure the 2.7 kW UPS (uninterruptible power supply) covers the server from data loss.