Scanalyzer - Model HTS - Discovery Platform
The ScanalyzerHTS- options for high-content screening and phentoyping of small plants or organisms. From petri dishes to multi-well plates, trays and plant pots- ScanalyzerHTS has the flexibility for low- to high-throughput screening and phenotyping applications.
The ScanalyzerHTS is the preferred option for the analysis of small plants or organisms in multi-well plates or trays. The closed cabinet – containing backlight/direct or diffuse top light illumination as well as fluorescent imaging with blue light excitation – guarantees reproducible imaging conditions for all camera types provided by LemnaTec (VIS, NIR, IR, Fluorescence and Laser Height Profiling). Imaging sensors integrated with LemnaTec’s proprietary control software easily adjust to image varying plant containers and illumination types- from fully grown Arabidopsis rosettes or complete multi-well plates down to single-wells. Precise camera movement and automated tray identification by barcode enable the reliable identification of individual plants or multi-well plates. The LemnaTec ScanalyzerHTS platform is able to be situated side-by-side with Growth Chambers, also called Reach-In Chambers, so that trays or pots of smaller plants can easily be screened, quite rapidly, with the ScanalyzerHTS with multiple imaging sensors and quickly returned to the Growth Chamber.
- Choose the hardware configuration to suit your research needs and budget
- Up to 6 different formats available including plate-handling robots for ultra-high throughput
- 5 different sensor technologies covering a wide field of applications
- Pre-imaging technologies available including plate warming to mobilise test samples
- A huge range of experimental vessels can be used- from petri dishes, multi-well plates, plant trays to small pots
- Leaf disk assays, fungi, insects or small aquatic/terrestrial organisms such as mosquito larvae or nematodes
- Temporal or spatial studies including mortality and morbidity measurements
- Customised solutions for use in or side-by-side to controlled environments such as plant growth chambers and plant growth rooms thus reducing experimental variability
- Choose from specifialised illumination strategies and optic configurations
- Bar-code reading for automatic sample identification
- Choice of ICT structure and database management systems matching experimental needs and budgets
- Scalable computational power covering all throughput and data amounts
- Immediate linking of all images to experimental data
- Flexible and automatic extraction of a wide range of test parameters across a huge-range of test models
- LemnaTecs LemnaLauncher product suite allows full control of your data and an option for easy data export to any 3rd part software if necessary
- Analyse phenotypes of your plants, movement analysis, cell analysis with just the LemnaLauncher product suite
- The LemnaTec image analysis and statistic toolbox can be used with any hardware configuration
The LemnaTec scanalyzerHTS is the preferred platform for high-throughput screening of leaf disk assays, fungi, insects or small aquatic/terrestrial organisms such as mosquito larvae or nematodes of fish embryos. All LemnaTec imaging sensors can be applied to achieve even more detailed, single-well scanning for high-resolution growth analysis. Standard ScanalyzerHTS accommodate up to 100 multi-well plates, achieving an assessment of up to 9600 different samples in one run with the option to use robotic plate-handling cranes to increase capacity further.
In combination with LemnaTecs propetary software, the scanalyzerHTS provides unique opportunities to simultaneously observe large numbers of small moving organisms. The observation time for each well ranges from seconds to minutes, depending on organism velocity. Movement patterns and the localisation/intensity of the movement can be quantified. Repeated measurement runs allow quantification of movement development over time, which is particularly useful for fast developing organisms (fish embryos). In all cases static image information is combined with movement information to assign movement patterns to single organisms.Measured parameters for Plant Phenotyping - Plant Phenomics
All Scanalyzer systems utilize a central database interface for all LemnaTec software modules to save and store the data. High throughput systems such as ScanalyzerHTS can produce vast amounts of data. Researchers have the flexibility to choose from a range of databases in different hardware environments to meet the exact requirements of the hardware configuration, researchers needs and local conditions. These solutions have been designed by LemnaTec in cooperation with Dell to guarantee worldwide support within 4 hours. A LemnaTec database that is hosted on a dedicated server stores images in an FTP structure and all other experimental and meta-data in a SQL or Oracle Database. To host huge amounts of data expeditiously, LemnaTec provides specific administrative features such as:
- Sub-divide databases for different experiments or different workgroups
- Copy from one database to another to share images or results
- Protect data that cannot be overwritten
- Restricted access to certain databases
- Provide different user levels with limited privileges
For high throughput applications specially designed server racks are available that contain a dedicated SUSE Linux Server that stores the data on an attached Raid storage array with a TB capacities. The storage can be extended with additional arrays. A second server is completely dedicated to the calculation of the image processing to guarantee fast availability of the results. In addition the rack contains a tape library as a backup system. In case of a power failure the 2.7 kW UPS (un-interruptible power supply) covers the server from data loss.