Model SDI-12 - USB Translator
Quickly turn your PC into a SDI-12 compliant data logger, with the Vegetronix SDI-12 USB translator board. The translator will connect to your PC through a USB interface, and allow you to communicate with SDI-12 compliant sensors with simple serial commands. The USB port emulates a serial port so you can use any serial port communication program such as the HyperTerminal program which is installed on all Windows platforms, to communicate with the device through a command line interface. You can also write your own software programs to communicate with the translator board, and merely need to target a serial port. There is no need to deal with complex USB drivers. The translator allows you to pass through SDI-12 commands, or you can set up the on-board scheduler, and it will retrieve data at specified intervals. The low power board is powered directly from the USB cable.
- Ultra-fast prototyping of SDI-12 sensor networks.
- Replacement of expensive data loggers.
- Environmental/Weather monitoring.
- Control and monitoring of irrigation systems.
- SDI-12 testing of sensors.
- Fully SDI-12 compliant.
- Sends SDI-12 commands and passes back the responses.
- Powered from the USB interface.
- Low power.
- Can be used with any serial communication program.
- Command line interface.
- Can interface with up to 62 SDI-12 sensors.
- 4 mounting holes in each corner.