Model SDL400S / SDL440S - EID Stick Reader
From EID Readers
One person with the Shearwell Stick Reader can quickly and accurately identify the electronic IDs of your livestock. In a pen, in a race or out in the field, simply point, scan, record and store the data – up to 16,000 animals and up to 26 management groups. The Stick Reader is rugged, and built for a hard day’s work out on the farm. It has easy, single-button operation and a large display. And when you’re done, just transfer the data wirelessly over to your office computer or even to your mobile.
A Stick Reader from Shearwell Data comes complete with everything you'll need to get started.
This is what you get:
- Shearwell Stick Reader
- 4 x AA rechargeable battery pack
- AA battery charger
- 240V adaptor cable for charger
- 12V adaptor cable for charger
- PC software on CD for a Windows PC that can be used to retrieve data from your Shearwell Stick Reader, allowing you to:
- Save the data as a text file (.txt extension)
- Save the data in spreadsheet format (.xls file extension)
- New Feature! Save the data to the clipboard for pasting into a website form or another application (Use the clipboard feature for, e.g. easy submission of lists of sheep to ARAMS and NLMD-LT.)
- Stick Reader Manual
You can also download the latest version of the software and the manual from the Stick Reader support page.
There are two variants:
- The red-handled SDL400S is for use with our Stock Recorder, our mini printer, Microsoft Windows PCs via Bluetooth and with our apps on AndroidTM devices
- The blue-handled SDL440S has all the features and connectivity of the SDL400S and adds the capability to work with our Stock Move Express app on iPhone ®.
If you need a Bluetooth dongle for your Windows PC, we can supply these. See the related products section below.
Optional equipment such as the plastic carrying case is available through the Related Products links below.