With a moist grain, sealed silo plant for storage of your feed grain, you have many advantages - and it is our most important task to meet the expectations of our customers. By developing, selling and maintaining sealed moist grain silo plants, we do out utmost to secure a healthy economy for our customers, and high quality feed grain - for the benefit of both the animals and the farmers.
- Silo sheets and most other parts are made from extra strong, hot dip galvanized steel - which requires no maintenance. Erection of the silo plant is performed on site by a skilled crew of fitters. The silos are designed according to Eurocodes standards.
- On customer demand, we are able to supply the well-known, green colour as well. Then the galvanized silo sheets are coated with a strong, industrial paint. The silo may also be supplied in a standard Ral colour according to customer's demand.
- The 30° pitch roof secures max. use of silo capacity.
- The sealed silos are supplied as standard in 18 various diametres and 90 sizes - from 104 m³ to 5740 m³
- Foundation for a sealed silo can be made by customer - following a detailed drawing, supplied by Assentoft Silo. We are also able to cast the foundation - to a very well-looking finish!
- The sealed silos are made on a flat foundation and equipped with our own sweep arm auger system (securing total emptying of the silo).
- Depending on the silo diameter, we have two types of gears for the sweep arm auger system - motor from 2.2 kW to 11 kW
- The silo is from center emptied with an emptying auger - sizes from ø102, 127 or 152 mm
- Sealed opener - opens and shuts automatically, when emptying the silo
- Pressure/vacuum valve. At high positive/negative pressure, this valve ensures that air is let in/out of the silo.
- CO2 and water gauge equipment.
- Supplied as standard for grain silos. We recommend addition of ½ kg CO2 per m3 silo capacity.
- The water gauge allows for supervision of silo pressure.
For pig breeders
- high nutritional value - please see Report, 2010. Sealed storage entails higher nutrient value, so that less feed and less feed additives are required
- storage requires a minimum of work load
- meets any future requirements of pure feed without salmonella infection for instance - as no vermin can live in a sealed stored grain silo
- barley, wheat and corn are stored separately, so the feed mixing always can be optimized
In cattle farming:
- improved feed structure by milling
- cow stomachs digest sealed stored grain really well
For poultry producers - broilers and layers:
- it is a closed system - no contamination from sources of salmonella infection
- tests show increased digestibility of sealed stored moist grain - and consequently less feed consumption
- increased demands for CO2 treated grain from poultry consumers are accommodated by sealed storage
Common for all 3 types of farm animals:
- Future-proofed production re. fluctuating and higher energy proces for drying - as the grain in a sealed silo is not dried at all
- you can start harvesting earlier - as you are not dependent of the moisture content in the grain - grain with up to 20-22% can be handled without problems in a sealed silo
- moist grain produces less dust, which results in a better working environment
- grain transport costs are at an absolut minimum - as the grain is stored directly from the field into the silo, and then used for feeding your animals
- any future requirements to environment friendly storage are accommodated - minimum energy consumption and minimum phosphorus and nitrogen discharge
- no recorded damages from snow loads
- keep your own feed on your own farm to ensure traceability