Shatterbox - Model 8530 Series - Ring & Puck Mill with Sound-proof Enclosure
Ring & Puck mill with sound-proof enclosure that accommodates sample sizes ranging from 2 - 100 grams. Ideal for pulverizing dry, brittle samples and slurry grinding.CE Approved.
Typical samples include: Cements, Soils, Ceramics, Slag, Rocks, Minerals, Ores, Pharmaceuticals, Sulfur Pellets, Dried Plant Material.
The 8530 Shatterbox® grinds tough, brittle samples in minutes.
- 8507R Multiple-Sample Rack permits processing of three smaller samples.
- 10-minute electronic timer with LCD display and environmentally safe, push-button membrane switch.
- Cam-activated clamp requires only moderate hand pressure to secure the grinding dish in the Shatterbox and is adjustable for containers of different heights.
- Equipped with lockable casters and a safety interlock system for operator protection.
- Grinds samples in the 2- 100 gram range.
- Most popular “swing mill” in America, capable of grinding up to 100 grams of brittle material to an analytical fineness.
- Soundproof enclosure reduces noise levels.
- Swings a dish-shaped grinding container with a puck, and often a ring, in a tight high-speed circle.
- Typical grinding time is two minutes or less.
- Wide selection of grinding containers available including hardened steel, tungsten carbide, alumina ceramic, and zirconia ceramic.