This single loadcell animal scale easily rolls anywhere and sets up in just seconds to weigh livestock (i.e. lambs, hogs, alpacas or others). By incorporating a patented rockshaft mechanical linkage and a compact hanging scale unit, this scale has the functionality of two scales and is more reliable yet easier to service than any other scale on the market. The hanging scale unit (top right) weighs accurate to 0.1% of its full capacity and can work equally well within or without the scale cage.
- Large pneumatic wheels make this mobile sheep and pig scale very easy to maneuver over rough terrain, hoses, or extension cords.
- Two wheels caster on pillow block bearings. This caster wheel design has held up to daily use in many facilities for over 25 years.
- Two wheels retract to set the scale directly on the ground for easier loading and more reliable data while weighing. Individual over-center levers retract each wheel.
- The cage has angled sides with optional access panels to allow any vet work to be done safely while the animal is contained.
- hangscale_small.JPG (22035 bytes)The patented one-loadcell scale design uses the same principle as our larger rockshaft cattle scales. A mechanical linkage (rockshaft) transfers the load to a single point hanging scale in the “A” frame of the scale. The compact hanging scale unit pictured to the right contains and protects the entire electronic system. Benefits of this design include no long runs of unprotected loadcell cables. In fact, there’s only one load cell to maintain and it’s attached directly to the indicator, which makes this scale more reliable yet easier to service than any other scale on the market.
- An over center latch makes the hanging scale easy to remove.
- Alone, the hanging scale unit can be used to weigh anything that can be suspended from its hook. Features include DC power, zero, net/gross, lb/kg conversion and Livestock Weighing software. A stainless steel NEMA4X enclosure protects the electronics from rough environments.
- Rockshaft_Scale.jpgAlso available as a stationary rockshaft scale without wheels (pictured to right).