Sinton - Model Suns-Voc - Post-Diffusion Process Control
The Suns-Voc stage is ideal for measuring wafers after Al firing, and then again after front-grid firing. This allows the optimization and monitoring of these steps to maintain voltage, obtain good ohmic contacts, and avoid shunting.
By either probing the p+ and n+ regions directly or probing the metallization layer (if present), the illumination-Voc curve can be measured. This curve can be displayed as our well-known Suns-Voc plot or in the form of a standard photovoltaic curve which can be used to characterize shunting. The entire curve is measured at the open circuit, so it is free from the effects of series resistance. Comparing this curve to the final I-V curve gives a precise measure of the series resistance in the cell.
• Wafer stage controlled at 25°C
• Fine-point voltage probe
• Magnetic-probe compatibility
• Xenon flashlamp with full set of neutral-density filters
• Height-adjustable back column for fine-tuning intensity range
• Displays standard I-V curve format as well as the Suns-Voc curve
• Measures ideal wafer characteristics without the effects of series resistance