Slashbuster - Model HD 480B - Magnum Drive System
From Brush Cutters
The HD 480B with Magnum drive system: simply the most efficient and versatile excavator-mounted brush cutter attachment available. From mowing saplings to shredding eighteen inch diameter trees and beyond, from limbing trees to piling logs, from cleaning ditches to constructing new ones, from land clearing to forest fuel reduction, this excavator attachment does it all. Not only that, but maintenance costs are the lowest in the industry, and horsepower-for-horsepower it consistently out performs the competition by at least thirty percent.
Our flagship model and a must for contractors who demand a brush cutter with high production rates, dependability and versatility. The HD 480B is a no-compromise design that delivers as promised.
- Cuts and mulches trees to 18' diameter
- 52' cutting swath
- Third boom & material handler standard
- Automatic wire shear standard
- Rotating hub debris guard standard
- Adaptable to any excavator brand from 40,000-lb to 100,000-lb
- Magnum drive system standard
- Optional 90-degree tilt mount
- Optional remote herbicide applicator
- Optional hydraulic trimming saw
Close-up of the fixed mulching teeth inside the shroud, a standard feature in the HD series.
A video showing an HD 480B (with 5,800 hours on it) mounted on a Komastu PC200 excavator grinding a 16 inch Alder tree stump down to ground level: