Slurry Mate - Model 400/600 Mtr - Front Reel
From Slurry Mate
The umbilical method of manure/slurry handling involves pumping the liquid from a liquid storage facility (lagoon or tank) using a high-pressure pump unit, via a pipeline, to a tractor mounted applicator unit. Once the system is set up and the pipeline has been laid, the pump is started and the applicator unit is then driven in straight lines, dragging the supply pipe, known as the drag hose, up and down the spreading field.
The umbilical application system has numerous advantages over traditional tanker based application methods, the main ones being:
- Empties slurry tanks and lagoons much faster
- Workrates of 200m³ per hour are typical (dependant on spreading equipment)
- Reduces/eliminates soil compaction
- No heavy tanker unit is driven onto the field
- Applicator unit is driven in and out of the field just once (no constant travelling)
- Applicator unit stays in the field until the field is finished, which eliminates mud being constantly carried onto roads
- As the contractor is not constantly travelling from the yard to the field, there is a major saving in fuel consumption
Front Mount 400 Metre Slurry Reel (part no. SRM400M)
This product is manufactured to a very high standard and can be purchased as fully galvanised or with twopack paint. It can be offered with class two, 3point linkage as standard or with brackets to mount directly onto the tractor’s front weight carrier.