A sustainable, peat free, organic rich soil conditioner that improves soil structure and growth. Ideal for use in horticulture, agriculture and landscaping. Biowise™ Soil Improver is a nutrient rich compost that improves the physical, chemical and biological characteristics of the soil, resulting in healthy plant growth. Produced from 100% recycled plant material certified to BSI PAS 100:2011 and Compost Quality Protocol standards, it is highly fertile and has an excellent appearance, which also makes it ideal for use as a mulch.
We produce two grades of soil improver:
- Premium grade (0-10mm) - a fine grade, ideal for use on domestic gardens and lawns.
- Economy grade (0-25mm) - a coarser grade, best used for landscaping projects, vegetable & fruit growing, crop enhancement and site development.
Purchase Options: 1m³ bulk bags (1000 litres) or bulk loose.
Coverage: Up to 20m² at a depth of 50mm
- Sustainable - made from 100% natural ingredients
- Improves soil structure, fertility and appearance
- Improves nutrient, water and air holding capacity
- Provides essential plant nutrients and reduces the need for artificial fertilisers
- Supplies beneficial bacteria which assist nutrient uptake and help suppress soil borne diseases
- Improves plant health, from germination through growth and to maturity
- Improves drainage capabilities and reduces risk of compaction and erosion
- Suppresses weed germination and growth
- Free flowing and easy to handle
- Today, lowland peat bogs and their wildlife are threatened through peat extraction; many species such as dragonflies, butterflies and birds depend on peat for their existence.
- Peat covers about 3% of the world’s surface, but it contains enormous amounts of carbon; equivalent to that contained in twice the world’s forests combined.
- Peat develops very slowly; a 10 metre deep peat reserve will have taken 10,000 years to develop. So we can’t replace it quickly or easily.
- Peat free compost is made from recycled materials which would otherwise have been sent to landfill.
- It doesn’t cost the earth - we believe that growing responsibly shouldn't need to be expensive.
- What’s more, you’ll see fantastic results in your garden!