OTT HydroMet - Model ADCON Soil Moisture SM1 - Soil Moisture Sensor
From ADCON - Sensors
Available in a variety of lengths, starting with 30cm and ending at 150cm, the SM1 features one soil moisture sensor every 10cm. As installation method both access tube and slurry installation are supported. The sphere of influence of the sensor rings is approx. 10cm in radius around the access tube.
Depending on the length of the sensor up to 5 temperature sensors are available. The 30, 60, 90, 120 and 150cm probes have their first temperature sensor located at 15cm and every additional sensor with a spacing of 30cm, thus at 45, 75, 105 and 135cm respectively.
All signals are delivered through the SDI-12 protocol. To connect a standard 2, 4 or 8m cable the Probe features a 7-pin Binder jack with IP67 rating.
- Geological observations
- Measuring range soil moisture: 0 ... 100% Vol
- Measuring range temperature: -55°C ... +70°C
- Method: HF Capacitance
- Accuracy: +/- 2% (with site specific calibration +/-1%)
- Interface: SDI-12
- Lengths: 30, 60, 90, 120, 150cm
- Number of soil moisture sensors: One every 10cm on all versions
- Number of temperature sensors:
- 30cm sensor: 1 at 15cm
- 60cm sensor: 2 at 15 and 45cm
- 90cm sensor: 3 at 15, 45 and 75cm
- 120cm sensor: 4 at 15, 45, 75 and 105cm
- 150cm sensor: 5 at 15, 45, 75, 105 and 135
- Power supply: 5.5 ...12VDC
- Connector: 7-pin male Binder connector M9
- Tube diameter: 32mm (1.25')