SOURCE - Model E - Suffer
From Animal Health
SOURCE E is given to young animals that suffer from dehydration due to scours or lack of water intake. SOURCE E rehydrates the animal without these problems. This is because it has a “Plasma Specific Buffer”. This means that it corrects acid conditions in the blood and does not interfere with milk absorption or raise the pH in the gut.
Source E comes in 3 sizes
- 4 oz. pack Min 1 box (20 packs)
- 10 lb. pail Min 1 box (4 pails)
- 25 lb. pail Min 1 pail
SOURCE E contains:
- Electrolytes….Na, K, Cl
- Essential Minerals…CA, Mg.
The majority of electrolytes sold use sodium bicarbonate to raise blood pH, but bicarbonate causes two problems:
- Sodium Bicarbonate (Bicarb) blocks formation of the milk clot and can make the scours worse.
- Bicarb raises the gut pH making it easier for the bad organisms to grow.
The standard dose is 4oz. in 2 quarts (or 2 liters) of water 2-3 times per day (If given to animals that have been transported from one location to another then one dose is sufficient).
SOURCE E allows you to treat a dehydrated animal without stopping normal feedings. Keeping the animal on feed helps them recover faster.
- The electrolytes in SOURCE E aggressively transport water back into the cells, and bloodstream of the animal.
- The high level of sugar in SOURCE E provides immediate energy
- the essential minerals help restore proper cell function and stability