SP Maskiner - Model SP 591 LX G3 - High Speed Harvester Head
The SP 591 LX G3 is purpose built for harvesting and debarking of the most difficult species of plantation grown eucalyptus and acacia. It is an extremely strong and tough harvester head, designed according to the LX principle for maximum reliability and productivity even under the toughest conditions. The uncompromised LX design is to be found all throughout the harvester head, from large components like frame and knives down to pins and seals. In spite of its brute and tough appearance the SP 591 LX G3 does not just offer strength and reliability, smart solutions like proportional pressures in combination with an unprecedented debarking efficiency and a great handling of crooked trees also make the SP 591 LX G3 an extremely fast, productive and fuel efficient harvester head – the SP 591 LX G3 truly offers high speed debarking for xtreme jobs.
The SP 591 LX G2 is optimized for best productivity and performance handling tree sizes from 10 to 35 cm (4-14”) and is equally productive working in a CTL application as it is processing decked wood out of a pile.
- The two wrap around knives are casted in high strength steel and are of an extremely robust design with a weight of 70 kg´s each. Equipped with replaceable knife inserts for a minimum, cost effective and quick maintenance.
- The robust frame consists of plates of special high strength steel. Together with the compact design this makes the frame extremely strong and torsion resistant. The frame is machined after the welding to ensure a perfect fit and a minimum of tension when assembled.
The robust top knife is equipped with a replaceable cutting edge of highest quality for a minimum, cost
effective and easy maintenance.
Pins for cylinders are both hardened and chromed. In combination with large diameters (40mm) this gives a very reliable design with a minimum need for maintenance.
- Large diameter cylinders for highest strength. All cylinders have the same diameter and thus shares the same seal kit for easier parts stocking.
- Thick wear plates spreads the pressure of the tree and prevents the actual surface of the frame from wearing.
- The cutting device is the robust and fully automatic Hultdins Supercut 100 with integrated chain lubrication and hydraulic tensioning of the chain.
- The 4 motor/3 roller feeding system provides great grip, pulling force and debarking. All three feed rollers are virtually in line which makes the handling of crooked timber an easy task.
- The heavy duty feed motors are built to handle very high revolutions and areperfectly suited for high speed debarking of eucalyptus. Length measuring is integrated in feed motor for a minimum of maintenance.
Pins for tilt frame, knives and roller arms are all of expander type. The pins are totally sealed off from sand and dirt. Together with the large diameter (50 mm) this gives an extremely strong and reliable solution for maximum lifetime and a minimum need for maintenance.
Extremely and robust and torsion resistant tilt frame. Soft dampers on both tilt up and down minimizes vibrations and wear.
- The hydraulic valve bank is of the brand Parker. It is working with very good hydraulic efficiency and small energy losses. Together with the proportional pressure system this makes the SP 591 LX a very fast and easy to work with harvester head with an impressive speed and productivity.
Hinged valve cover for easy and fast maintenance. The tight fit prevents packing of dirt and debris. Integrated tank with easy access for filling up chain oil.
Encoders for diameter measuring are well protected and integrated in the frame. Mounted in sealed housings for longest life and minimum wear.
The of set feed rollers gives an increased spiralling of the tree resulting in a faster and more effective debarking.
All hydraulic fittings are well protected for less wear and downtime.
- Min. pump capacity: 166 l/min
- Rec. working pressure: 25-30 MPa
- Proportional clamping pressure of the feed rollers in relation to trunk diameter, individual settings for different species for optimum performance.
- Roller motors: 500/315, 630/400 cm³
- Max. opening: 640 mm
- Feed speed: 0-7 m/s
- Feeding force: 24 kN
- Proportional pressure: Yes
Extremely robust and powerful Hultdins SuperCut 100 saw unit with integrated chain lubrication and hydraulic tensioning of the chain.
- Cutting diameter: 600 mm
- Chain speed: 40 m/s
- Saw motor: 20 cc
- Saw unit: Automatic – SuperCut 100
- Delimbing knives with proportional pressure. Individual settings for different species for optimum performance.
- Movable knives: 2
- Fixed knives: 2
- Delimbing diameter tip to tip: 430 mm
- Min. delimbing diameter: 30 mm
- Proportional pressure: Yes
- LogHold: Yes
Weight and dimensions
Despite its extremely robust design, the SP 591 LX G3 has a moderate weight and can therefore be used on a variety of different carriers. Thanks to its compact height, the SP 591 LX G3 can handle crooked and irregular timber efficiently and without difficult.
- Width closed: 1250 mm
- Width open: 1550 mm
- Height, excl. tilt frame: 1670 mm
- Weight, excl. rotator: 1800 kg
The SP 591 LX G3 can be fitted to a variety of different carriers, such as conventional forest machines and excavators. In order to ensure good function, please consult your nearest SP dealer.
Proportional clamping pressure of the feed rollers in relation to trunk diameter, individual settings for different species for optimum performance.
- Optimum trunk diameter*: 15 - 35 cm
- Max. rec. trunk diameter*: 40 cm
* Diameter at breast height, measured 1.3 m up the trunk.
We reserve the right to change specifications and design. Harvester heads pictured may have some extra equipment. All stated measurements/values are approximate and refer to standard equipment.
The SP 591 LX G2 has a very high level of standard equipment. However a number of different options are available for being able to optimize the harvester head for different needs, carriers and conditions.The below list contains the most common options. For more information please contact your nearest SP dealer.
Additional upper debarking knives
When harvesting and debarking certain species of trees under certain conditions the additional debarking knives enables the SP 591 LX G2 to debark the tree in one pass. This dramatically increases the productivity as well as minimizes the wear on the harvester head.
Lower debarking knife
The lower knife main task is to prevent already loosened bark to contaminate the log pile. Together with the additional upper debarking knives this option gives the SP 591 LX G2 an unprecedented debarking efficiency.
In order to optimize the SP 591 LX G2 for different carriers and conditions there are 3 different motor sizes to choose from. Do you need maximum speed, maximum torque or a good mix? 500/315 - 630/400 - 800/500 cc (30,5/19,2 - 38,4/24,4 – 48,8/30,5 cui)
Different feed rollers for different species and conditions.
3/4” saw unit
The SP 591 LX G2 can be equipped with a _” version of the Hultdins SuperCut100 automatic saw unit.
A good option when for example working in hard wood with heavy limbs and forks.
Makes operations in pre felled woods easier and more productive. With the find end sensor the harvester head reverses down to the butt end of the stem, stops and sets the length to zero, all with the press of one button.Complete measuring systems
The SP 591 LX G2 can be supplied with different measuring systems.Preparation for measuring systems
The SP 591 LX G2 can be supplied prepared for machines equipped with any of the following measuring systems:
- Dasa5 - Dasa4 dxPC - Dasa4Compact
Motomit IT - Motomit PC
JohnDeere Timbermatic 300/3000