JP Carlton - Model SP4012 series - Self-Propelled Stump Cutter/Grinder
From Stump Cutters
The SP4012 series is a four-wheeled self-propelled unit designed to deliver maximum cutting power in hard to get to areas. A unique dual speed ground system allows the SP4012 to travel faster than any other stump cutter on the market today.
The unit also boasts a 1-inch thick, 21-inch diameter cutting wheel, letting you grind faster and smoother than ever before. The SP4012 Stump Cutter features heavy-duty construction (1,550 pounds), hydraulic steering and four-wheel stance. This combination offers unmatched stability and maneuverability.
This compact machine has a width of 35 inches, allowing it to fit easily through standard backyard gates. The SP4012 incorporates many of the features found in larger J.P. Carlton models including a direct drive hydraulic pump, hardened bushings and shafts, counter balance valves on the lift, swing and hydraulic drive circuits.
The SP4012 series is available with a variety of engine options including: a 30-horsepower Kohler Engine, 35-horsepower Vanguard, 33-horsepower Kubota Diesel, or the 44-horsepower Kubota Diesel. With its wide range of features and dependable construction, the SP4012 is designed to maximize production and profits, while minimizing downtime.
- Large Cutter Wheel, 21-inch diameter & 1-inch thick, provides maximum cutting power and flywheel momentum.
- A Variety of Powerful Engines
- Feather Touch Hydraulic Controls make the SP4012 easy to operate and provide optimum user control.
- Tapered Roller Bearings on jack shaft and cutter wheel provide long service life and reduced maintenance.
- Proprietary Dual Motor Ground Drive eliminates troublesome chains, axles and axle bearings.
- Optional Dual Wheels are quickly removed.
- Available with 4 Wheel Drive - Allows the machine to traverse the nastiest of terrain.
- Available with a Hydraulic Back Fill Blade - Helps with the clean up.