Spectrum - Model GS Series - Gravity Separator
Spectrum Gravity Separator or grain cleaner is used for separating products that are of the same size but with a difference in specific weight.It can be used effectively to remove partially eaten, immature or broken seeds to ensure maximum quality of the final product. It may be used to separate and standardize coffee, peanuts, corn, peas, rice, wheat, sesame and other food grains.
These gravity separators have a rectangular deck so that the product travels a longer distance resulting in cleaner separation of light and heavy particles and the lowest percentage of middlings.
The product flows over the vibrating deck in which pressurized air is forced through causing the material to stratify according to its specific weight. The heavier particles travel to the higher level and the lighter particles travel to the lower level of the deck.
In order to obtain efficient separation by specific weight, the pressurized air supply needs to be accurately adjusted and this is accomplished by having individually adjustable air fans to control the volume of air distribution at different areas of the vibrating deck.The table inclination, speed of eccentric motion and the feed rate can be precisely adjusted with ease and minimum of operator training.
- It facilitates the separation of any granular material into lights and heavies.
- Cleaning is possible through easy deck removal.
- Multi-fan system helps in accurate control of air.
- It facilitates precise control of air, feed rate and speed of deck motion.
- Deck inclination in both longitudinal and transverse directions can be easily adjusted.