Stainless Steel Above-Ground Slurry Stores Bin
Easy build above-ground agricultural storage offering a durable, flexible and cost effective solution for farms of all sizes.
Agriculture Storage Solutions
- Stainless steel grade 304 is manufactured by adding chromium by at least 18% (also grade 316 available as an option)
- Stainless steel is a single material that provides a more stable structure at varying temperatures compared to competitors that use a combination of materials with different properties.
- Structurally designed to meet all relevant British (BS 5502), European and International Standards
- Only non-corrosive materials used
- Range of capacities to suit individual requirements up to 1.2 million gallons
- Design options to extend capacity at a later stage
- Unique assembly and joint design in which sealant is used only for its sealant properties and not to protect against corrosion
- Design enables store to be back-filled up to 1m after construction if required
- Base design maximises storage compared to competitors
- Can be designed to accommodate a cover
- Each store (including base) is certified by a Chartered Engineer. This may be a requirement for government grant schemes.
- Increases storage capacity by eliminating rainwater. Also without a cover there is a requirement for a free-board allowance i.e. the store cannot be filled right to the top due to wind disturbance at the surface which could lead to spillage.
- Reduces ammonia emissions and therefore reduces smell
- Meets legislative requirements e.g. IPPC
- Polyester coated with PVC-P
- UV resistant
- High tensile strength
- Resistant to tearing
- Colours - green or silver
- Ground composition and consistency e.g. does your proposed site contain rock which is not always suitable
- Site accessibility for construction and slurry handling
- Sites that are not level need careful consideration and may require extra base design specifications. The store is built on top of the base which has a number of advantages – maximises storage and can be more easily removed in the event of relocation.
- Underground PVC pipe or over ground flexible pipe with slurry normally transferred from existing buildings via a tractor-driven lobe pump.
- Tractor and vacuum tanker
- Pumped from a reception tank through fill-pipe
- Unlike systems using only a reception tank, they require no management during filling
- Reduces the risk of slurry spillage
- Can be integrated into the enclosed mixing system with lobe pump. This provides a more powerful mixing system which can be left unsupervised.