Stainless Steel Storage Solutions
From Other Products
Easy build above-ground agricultural storage offering a durable, flexible and cost effective solution for farms of all sizes.
- Stainless steel grade 304 is manufactured by adding chromium by at least 18% (also grade 316 available as an option)
- Stainless steel is a single material that provides a more stable structure at varying temperatures compared to competitors that use a combination of materials with different properties.
- Structurally designed to meet all relevant British (BS 5502), European and International Standards
- Only non-corrosive materials used
- Range of capacities to suit individual requirements up to 1.2 million gallons
- Design options to extend capacity at a later stage
- Unique assembly and joint design in which sealant is used only for its sealant properties and not to protect against corrosion
- Design enables store to be back-filled up to 1m after construction if required
- Base design maximises storage compared to competitors
- Can be designed to accommodate a cover
- Each store (including base) is certified by a Chartered Engineer. This may be a requirement for government grant schemes.
Covers are normally fitted during store assembly but can also be fitted retrospectively as the standard base is designed to support a cover at a later stage.
Advantages of Cover:
- Increases storage capacity by eliminating rainwater. Also without a cover there is a requirement for a free-board allowance i.e. the store cannot be filled right to the top due to wind disturbance at the surface which could lead to spillage.
- Reduces ammonia emissions and therefore reduces smell
- Meets legislative requirements e.g. IPPC
Features of Cover:
- Polyester coated with PVC-P
- UV resistant
- High tensile strength
- Resistant to tearing
- Colours – green or silver
Full project management from site excavation to final build Assembled on-site by Finrone Systems highly trained and specialised team
What is Stainless Steel Grade 304?
Stainless Steel Grade 304 is manufactured by adding chromium by at least 18%.
Why choose a Stainless Steel Store?
Resistant to Corrosion
Stainless steel is naturally protective due to the manufacturing process where a high level of chromium is added along with nickel to give stainless steel its unique properties. These properties make it resistant to farm liquids, slurries, effluents and acids produced during slurry storage. If scratched or damaged this does not have any effect on the anti-corrosive properties.
The mechanical properties of stainless steel gives it a much greater strength than other materials. This enables thinner sheets to be used and still provide higher strength than other steel materials.
Long Term Value
Long term value – Stainless steel may be more expensive initially, but the extra value is offset by the durability and longevity of the steel, and significant cost savings are achieved in the long run. Therefore, when the total life cycle costs are considered, stainless steel is often the least expensive option.
The smart, easily maintained surface of stainless steel provides a modern and attractive appearance. Stainless steel grade 304 has a matt, light grey appearance which will remain unchanged and will remain smart and tidy over its long lifespan.
Stainless steel is 100% recyclable. The longevity of stainless is the result of its composition and, therefore, it has a natural corrosion resistance. Nothing is applied to the surface. It does not need additional systems to protect the base metal, the metal itself will last. Stainless steel needs less maintenance and is more hygienic than other corresponding materials.
As part of Finrone Systems service to our customers we provide turnkey farm solutions from green-field to a finished farm storage system. We can also advise on various mixing systems, pumps and on the most effective way to transfer slurry from existing underground stores.
When deciding on a site for your store the following points need to be considered:
- Ground composition and consistency e.g. does your proposed site contain rock which is not always suitable
- Site accessibility for construction and slurry handling
- Sites that are not level need careful consideration and may require extra base design specifications. The store is built on top of the base which has a number of advantages – maximises storage and can be more easily removed in the event of relocation.
The store is built on top of the base which has a number of advantages – maximises storage and can be more easily removed in the event of relocation.
Standard base is designed to support the weight of the cover at a later stage, or to extend the tank height up to 6m if required.
The store is normally filled through a 125mm fill-pipe that goes over the top of the store and bends downwards into the store at 135˚. This fill-pipe is open-ended.
The options available for transferring slurry to the fill-pipe and into the store are as follows:
- Underground PVC pipe or over ground flexible pipe with slurry normally transferred from existing buildings via a tractor-driven lobe pump.
- Tractor and vacuum tanker
- Pumped from a reception tank through fill-pipe
The main system used by Finrone Systems customers for emptying stores is the unique valve system where the discharge pipe runs under the base through a security valve leading to a 2-way valve. The 2-way valve provides a connection point for the slurry tanker or umbilical system. This provides a totally enclosed transfer system thereby reducing smells. A small backflow/reception tank collects the remainder of the slurry that is left in the slurry pipe after the tanker is filled and the valve has been closed Finrone Systems can also provide the conventional method for emptying through a reception tank alone, without the enclosed valve system.
Benefits of the combined valve / reception tank
- Unlike systems using only a reception tank, they require no management during filling
- Reduces the risk of slurry spillage
- Can be integrated into the enclosed mixing system with lobe pump. This provides a more powerful mixing system which can be left unsupervised.