STAR X - Rupture Disc
From Reverse Acting
The STAR X Rupture Disc is designed to provide protection at even lower burst pressures than the ULTRX or MINTRX rupture discs. It has Continental Disc's patented nonsymmetrical failure initiating indents, to precisely control disc buckling at a predetermined pressure. The STAR X Rupture Disc incorporates a handling ring to reduce torque sensitivity. It is specifically designed for low pressure applications that require operating ratio of up to 90% of the disc's rated (marked) burst pressure.
- Nominal Size Range: 1 ' - 6 ' ( 25 mm - 150 mm )
- Burst Pressure Range: 13 psig- 140 psig ( 0,896 barg - 9,65 barg )
- Recommended Operating Ratio: 90 % of the rupture disc's rated (stamped) burst pressure.
- Seating Configuration: Flat Seat
- Service: Gas
- B.D.I. Alarm System Compatible? : Yes
- ASME Code Symbol Stamp Available? : Yes
- Materials not indicated or shown may be available by special design. Contact the factory for more information.
(B.D.I.) Burst Disc Indicator
Continental Disc Corporation's Burst Disc Indicator (B.D.I.) Alarm System is designed specifically for use with C.D.C. Rupture Discs. Upon disc rupture, the Burst Disc Indicator strip is severed, disrupting the flow of electric current through the strip. An attached alarm monitor can then transmit a warning and/or activate appropriate equipment.
Enviroguard Pipe End Covers
Protect free vent rupture disc piping and safety relief valve outlets from unwanted foreign material, rain, insects or birds by installing the ENVIRO GUARD pipe end cover. It is available for 90° or 45° pipe ends and may be purchased with an optional retrieval rope to retain cover near the location after venting.
Heat Shields are typically used to reduce the process temperature to which a rupture disc is exposed. Heat Shields are used where Teflon or other exotic material liners are required for corrosion resistance or as part of the rupture disc itself in combination with high process temperature.