Stihl - Model MS 170 - Homeowner Chain Saw
The STIHL MS 170 is the perfect lightweight chain saw for homeowners seeking a great value. Compact, lightweight with just the right amount of power, the MS 170 makes quick work of trimming or cutting small trees, fallen limbs after a storm, and other tasks around the yard. And even at its great price, the MS 170 has many of the same design features the professionals depend on.
Built in the USA
- Indicates products that are built in the United States from domestic and foreign parts and components.
- STIHL has developed a system for minimizing the vibration levels of handheld outdoor power equipment.
- The STIHL anti-vibration system helps reduce operator fatigue and provides a more comfortable working experience.
IntelliCarb™ Compensating Carburetor
- The IntelliCarb Compensating Carburetor is designed to automatically adjust the air / fuel ratio when the air filter becomes restricted or partially clogged and maintains the engine’s correct rpm.
- IntelliCarb uses air from the clean side of the air filter to control the diaphragm and flow of fuel.
- As the air filter becomes dirty and less air is available for the carburetor, the IntelliCarb system adjusts the fuel flow to compensate for the decrease in air flow.
- This is in contrast to typical carburetors that utilize this air from the dirty side of the air box.
Ematic Lubrication System
- The Ematic guide bar when used with STIHL OILOMATIC® saw chain will provide proper lubrication and less oil consumption than conventional methods.
- The system works because two ramps, strategically placed in the guide bar rail, help contain the flow of oil and direct all lubrication to the sliding faces of the bar and chain links as well as the rivets and driver holes, which in turn can reduce bar oil consumption up to 50%.