Stihl - Model MSE 140 - Electric Chainsaws
A lightweight, electric chain saw with power to spare. No gas to buy. No fuel to mix. And no emissions. Now you can trade a starting cord for a power cord, and get all the power you need for tasks around the home (even indoors).
With a powerhead weight of just over seven pounds, the lightweight MS 140 C-BQ features a wide trigger switch and the toolless Quick Chain Adjuster for easy operation. There’s even a coast-down feature which quickly stops the rotating chain when the trigger is released.
- Reduced-Emission Engine Technology - Caring for Nature: The STIHL Inc. “Caring for Nature” seal identifies its powered products that are more environmentally conscious, producing zero or low exhaust emissions. STIHL Inc. defines “low exhaust emissions” as being cleaner than EPA and/or CARB exhaust emission standards.
- STIHL Quickstop® Plus (Q) - an additional chain braking feature: STIHL offers an additional, manually-activated chain brake on some models. This system is designed to engage when the operator’s right hand completely releases the rear handle, stopping the chain within one second. Available on some models.
- STIHL Electric Motor: Lightweight and compact, STIHL electric motors require minimal maintenance and feature low noise levels and reduced vibration.
- STIHL Quickstop®: STIHL chain saws are equipped with a chain stopping system designed to reduce the risk of injury in certain kickback situations. It is called a STIHL Quickstop® chain brake. The STIHL Quickstop® chain brake is designed to stop the rotation of the chain if activated by the operator’s hand or by inertia if the saw kicks back with sufficient force. In some working positions, the STIHL Quickstop® chain brake can be activated by inertia, stopping the chain within fractions of a second.
- Ematic™ Lubrication System: The Ematic™ guide bar when used with STIHL OILOMATIC® saw chain will provide proper lubrication and less oil consumption than conventional methods. The system works because two ramps, strategically placed in the guide bar rail, help contain the flow of oil and direct all lubrication to the sliding faces of the bar and chain links as well as the rivets and driver holes, which in turn can reduce bar oil consumption up to 50%.
- Quick Chain Adjuster (QCA) (B): The Quick Chain Adjuster (QCA) (B) allows the user to adjust the tension of the chain without the use of tools. This allows for easy chain adjustment.
- Powerhead Weight: 3.3 kg (7.3 lb.)
- Guide Bar Lengths (Recommended ranges): 30 to 45 cm (12 in. to 18 in.)
- Chain Oil Capacity: 200 cc (6.8 oz.)
- OILOMATIC® Chain: 3/8 in. PM3
- Voltage: 120 volt (60 Hz)
- Motor Output: 1.4 kW (11.7 amps)