Sun Selector - Clear IR AD Greenhouse Film
The Sun Selector Clear IR/AD greenhouse film is one of the best quality greenhouse plastics available. It features IR and UVA protection (to make it last 4 years) and Anti-Dust protection. This film is also known as IR/AC film where AC stands for Anti-Condensation instead of Anti-Drip.
The IR protection prevents less heat to transfer during the day and at the same time less heat to transfer out during the night. This helps to keep a more constant temperature in your greenhouse throughout the day giving the greenhouse an 85% thermicity rating.
The featured anti-drip additive is great as it prevents liquid and condensation build up on the plastic. Condensation can lead to mold and mildew in your greenhouse and can distort the light and also attract insects and fungus. The anti-drip additive along with the 25% light diffusion helps to prevent shaddowing in your greenhouse which creates areas that don't get enough light. Light diffusion will create a more uniform light distribution thoughout your greenhouse.
Sun Selector clear film is a highly advanced, long-lasting multi-layer photoselective filims for use in greenhouse and tunnel covering applications. The Sun Selector Polyethylene (LDPE) greenhouse films features the worlds only 5-Layer technology which means that 5 different layers have been added to each roll with each layer serving its own function.
The Sun Selector films combine high level agronomic research with over 25 years of professional plastics know-how to provide growers world-wide films that are both technically unique and economically viable. Multi-layer technology with selected additives, provides the right combination of strength, versatility and light transmission.
- Available widths are 12 to 52''.
- We custom cut your film to any length that adds up to over 500 square feet (e.g 20' x 25' = 500 sq.ft)
- IR - Infrared additive retains the infrared heat, reducing heating costs and provides 6-8 degrees warmer temps inside the house compared to regular UVA film
- AD - Anti-Drip (sometimes called AC anti-condensation) prevent condensation which can lead to mold, mildew and uneven light distribution.
- UVA - Ultraviolet protection prevents sun deterioration and ensures the film lasts at least 4 years.
- Anti-Dust protection helps repel dirt from the surface instead of creating static that attracts dirt and impairs light.
- 5-Layer Technology for strength and versatility
- 88% light transmission, 25% light diffusion, 80% thermicity (IR Additive helps prevent heat loss).
- 4 Year Warranty.
Superior 5 Layer Technology
The 5-Layer technology in Sun Selector greenhouse films makes this greenhouse plastic among the highest quality in the world. What makes greenhouse plastic so effective is the complex chemical additives that give the plastic its unique properties such as Light diffusion, thermicity, stabilization against UV breakdown, blocking of ultra violet radiation, anti drip, anti mist and others. In addition, the films are often produced with more than one base resin, utilizing EVA, Linear Low Density PE, Metallocene resins and Barrier resins.
Until the advent of multi-layer extruders, about 25 years ago - the chemical additive sand resins were all mixed together in one layer. The problem is that you could not choose where a particular additive would go such as the outer or inner layer and often times the additives and resins were incompatible giving undesirable results, such as haziness and reduced transparency.
The multi-layered film technology allows for the separating of different resins and additives into layers, the principle of which is called compartmentalziation and as of 2001, unlike the 3-layer films from other manufacturers, this film uses the worlds only 5-layer film technology.
Fitting Sun Selector Films
- For Greenhouses with spans of up to 24 feet use a film with a width of the span + 3 feet
- For 26 feet and wider spans use a film with width of the span + 5 feet.
- For tunnels - use a film with an additional width of 5 feet.
- The length of the film should be at least 16 feet longer than the greenhouse or tunnel.
- For curtains - calculate the width leaving an additional 20'-28' for attachment. The film length should run the full length of the greenhouse.