The Sun Selector Clear greenhouse film is one of the best quality greenhouse plastics available. It features UVA protection (to make it last 4 years) and Anti-Dust protection. Sun Selector clear film is a highly advanced, long-lasting multi-layer photoselective filims for use in greenhouse and tunnel covering applications. The Sun Selector Polyethylene (LDPE) greenhouse films features the worlds only 5-Layer technology which means that 5 different layers have been added to each roll with each layer serving its own function. The sun selector films combine high level agronomic research with over 25 years of professional plastics know-how to provide growers world-wide films that are both technically unique and economically viable. Multi-layer technology with selected additives, provides the right combination of strength, versatility and light transmission.
- Available widths are: Available widths are 12 to 52' - (Please call for 16' and 32' widths).
- We custom cut your film to any length that adds up to at least 500 square feet (e.g 20' x 25' = 500 sq.ft)
- 5-Layer Technology for strength and versatility
- 90 % light transmission, 20% light diffusion.
- UVA protection ensures long life.
- Anti-Dust protection.
- 4 Year Warranty.
Superior 5 Layer Technology
The 5-Layer technology in Sun Selector greenhouse films makes this greenhouse plastic among the highest quality in the world. What makes greenhouse plastic so effective is the complex chemical additives that give the plastic its unique properties such as Light diffusion, thermicity, stabilization against UV breakdown, blocking of ultra violet radiation, anti drip, anti mist and others. In addition, the films are often produced with more than one base resin, utilizing EVA, Linear Low Density PE, Metallocene resins and Barrier resins.
Until the advent of multi-layer extruders, about 25 years ago - the chemical additive sand resins were all mixed together in one layer. The problem is that you could not choose where a particular additive would go such as the outer or inner layer and often times the additives and resins were incompatible giving undesirable results, such as haziness and reduced transparency.
The multi-layered film technology allows for the separating of different resins and additives into layers, the principle of which is called compartmentalziation and as of 2001, unlike the 3-layer films from other manufacturers, this film uses the worlds only 5-layer film technology.
Fitting Sun Selector Films
- For Greenhouses with spans of up to 24 feet use a film with a width of the span + 3 feet
- For 26 feet and wider spans use a film with width of the span + 5 feet.
- For tunnels - use a film with an additional width of 5 feet.
- The length of the film shoud be at least 16 feet longer than the greenhouse or tunnel.
- For curtains - calculate the width leaving an additional 20'-28' for attachment. The film length should run the full length of the greenhouse.