Super Slope Master - Model SSM38-72D - Commercial Land Clearing Slope Mower
The SuperSlopeMaster is in a class all its own when it comes to extra heavy-duty commercial steep slope mowing, mowing slopes up to 40°. The #1 commercial land clearing steep slope mower on the market. The SuperSlopeMaster is designed to cut rough terrain, including heavy grass, weeds, and occasional low brush. It has a powerful 38 HP Yanmar diesel engine and 1/4' steel deck, with three 3/8' cutting blades. And the SuperSlopeMaster's skid steering mechanism, through its twin, closed loop hydraulic systems, offers the great maneuverability and power that is required to mow steep slopes. Machines with steering wheels are not as maneuverable and cannot operate safely on steep slopes.
With the ability to cut at a 40° slope, this true 'zero turn radius' machine can trim around objects and mow a swath of 72 inches wide without leaving the slope! It will cut more area in a fraction of the time compared to other machines – and with maximum safety. For safety, if the operator inadvertently leaves the seat the mower is immediately braked. For safety, the operator sits on a tilting seat located at the rear extremity of the machine, positioned to safely exit the machine. While mowing, the operator looks forward for safety. The deck supports the chassis from the front, while pivoting side to side to follow the contours of the turf.
The SuperSlopeMaster offers maximum versatility as both a rough cut and a finish cut mower. The standard flat blades are best for rough mowing. Flat blades allow the most powerful cut in heavy growth. The machine can be quickly converted to the optional high lift blades for finish mowing. For finish mowing, the cutter deck is lowered close to the ground to give the best protection from thrown objects. The standard tractor tread tires can be replaced by the optional turf tread tires when the machine is to be used primarily for finish turf mowing.
- Cutter Assembly: 1/4” thick steel cutting deck
- Cutting Height: 1 1/2” to 6 1/2” height adjustment
- Blades: Three, 3/8” thick hardened steel flat blades
- Cut: 72” wide, hydro-static, rear discharge, out-front rotary mower
- Slope: Slope mowing 0° to 40° (84% grade), designed and tested. Has a low center of gravity for safety on the slopes.
- Engine: 38HP Yanmar diesel engine, water cooled
- Cutter Type: Rotary - 19” x 6” puncture proof casters support the cutter deck from the front of the machine
- Speed: 8 mph
- Tilting Seat: Seat situated at rear extremity of the machine; manually tilted to allow operator to safely and comfortably operate on steep slopes
- Steering: Skid steered through twin, closed loop hydraulic drive systems
- Hydraulics: Independently powered hydraulic skid steer wheel drives with hydraulic pumps and motors; hydraulically driven cutter deck
- Oil Reservoir: 14 gallon hydraulic reservoir with oil/air separator, to prevent foaming, overheating, and water intrusion from condensation
- Diesel Fuel Tanks: 17 gallon; dual diesel fuel tanks on the front of the machine away from the operator. The fuel tanks are uniquely designed to eliminate the fuel disruption problem that occurs with steep slope mowing.
- Maneuverability: True “zero turn radius” (ZTR), without leaving the slopes
- Tires: SSM38-72D: 26' x 12-12', 4 ply rated tires, dual drive wheels, 2 on each side of the rear of the machine (2 sets of two wheels)
- ROPS: Four point certified Roll Over Protection System (ROPS) with retractable seat belt
- Patented design for high production, low maintenance, long life, safe steep slope mowing!
All options are factory installed at time of order – except for blades which can be ordered separately:
- High Lift Blades – 3/8” thick
- Medium Lift Blades – 3/8” thick
- Light Kit
- Rotary Beacon – in addition to the flashing light included in light kit above
- Deluxe Engine Gauge Package – includes oil pressure, volt meter, water temperature, and hour meter
- AP Package - All Purpose for mowing applications where narrow wheel width, moderate slopes (to 31° (60% grade)) and higher mowing speeds up to 10.5 mph are desired. 31' x 15.5-15' 4 ply tires - one on each side