Model TD65-2 - Tri-Deck Finishing Mower
From CONVENTIONAL MOWER
The Progressive TD65-2B is a tri-deck finish mower designed to maintain large areas quickly and economically. With a 12' wide cutting swath, the TD65-2B is capable of mowing over 60 acres in an 8 hour day at speeds up to 6 miles per hour. Three independent floating mower decks mounted on a transport frame follow the ground conditions found in school yards, recreation areas, and golf courses. The TD65-2B produces a professional after cut appearance. When you are not mowing, the mower can be quickly disconnected from the tractor, increasing the utilization of the tractor for other tasks. Similarly, reconnection is quick and simple. Now that's value!
Progressive designed the TD65-2B mowing deck to assist the even dispersion of clippings through the open rear discharge area - avoiding clumping and windrows.
Only minutes are required to change the TD65-2B cutting height from 1' to 5' without the use of tools. For convenience and safety, all transport and mowing functions are activated without the operator leaving the tractor's seat.
Heavy Duty Blade Spindle:
- A field proven design over many years, the TD65-2B incorporates seven blade spindles, each supported by two greaseable ball bearings. A single grease zerk, at the top of the spindle, distributes lubrication to both bearings for ease of service. A long support bar holds the blade straight, providing a clean, level cut. A steel shield below the bottom bearing gives protection from any debris that could otherwise damage the bearing seal. Like all Progressive finish mowers, all blade spindle assemblies are interchangeable within the mower and quickly serviceable, lowering the total cost of ownership.
3/16' Steel Deck:
- The TD65-2B is designed with deep skirt decks, which are formed and welded with bracing at high stress areas to provide maximum structural strength. The open back discharge allows clippings to be dispersed evenly and without bunching up, leaving an after cut appearance that is second to none.
Automatic Deck Locks:
- Automatic mechanical safety locks are incorporated into the Progressive TD65-2B to hold all three decks in place when raised for blade servicing or transport. The decks are easily raised and lowered using the tractor's hydraulic system, directly from the tractor's seat.
- The TD65-2B is easy on the turf. Low ground pressure is achieved with 12 large, low pressure floatation tires. Tire position is staggered to minimize soil compaction and rutting. Six non-swiveling caster tires, as well as the two main transport tires, keep the mower tracking straight while mowing along hillsides.
Cut Height - Easy to Adjust:
- Cutting height adjustment can be simply done on the TD65-2B by removing a lynch pin from the top of each castor wheel stem and moving the spacers either above or below support tube as required. Like all Progressive mowers, the wheel hub and castor pivot are greaseable and castor pivot bushings are replaceable for low owning and operating costs.