Teat Sanicleanse System
As leaders in the field of dairy hygiene, UK-based Northern Dairy Equipment Ltd is the manufacturer of the Teat Sanicleanse pre-milking teat washer. Our aim is to provide a system that is reliable, economical as well as profitable for the dairy farmer.The system provides a superior effective and reliable process in which the teat is washed, disinfected, dried and stimulated ready for milking. All this is done in approximately 10 seconds and the cow’s teats are clean and ready to be milked.
The warm water brush massage provides a fast stimulation to produce oxytocin, giving a quick milk let down to help save time. While at the same time the pre-sanitising of each teat given by the rotating brushes eliminates the first drops of milk, helping to reduce a broad spectrum of contagious bacteria.
There is less cross contamination from teat to teat as with conventional sanitising and cleaning products and the operator always keeps clean hands which again helps to control the spread of infection from cow to cow.
The Sanicleanse Sanitiser is manufactured exclusively to be used in conjunction with the Teat Sanicleanse Teat Washer.
We are now able to install our ‘brush flush system’ alongside the sanicleanse pump. This is to inject a minimal amount of peracetic acid (5% onto the brush). This helps to eliminate cross contamination.
The Teat Sanicleanse system is an electric driven system and is powered by a 24V DC motor which is housed inside the hand piece. This system also utilises a light for enhanced viewing off the teats.
1. IMPROVED TEAT CONDITION AND COW HEALTH – The third larger, bottom brush accommodates for all teat lengths including shorter heifer teats. The correct chemical used in the system leads to healthier cows and softer teats. Reduction in somatic cell count and mastitis cases related to healthier cows.
2. CONSISTENT CLEANING – Each cow is prepared equally as the milking routine is the same for every cow, every day.
3. TIME SAVING – The dairy farmer is able to milk more cows per hour due to the stimulation provided by the teat scrubber. The short prep required by the teat scrubber means the pre-milking routine can be speeded up significantly.
4. COST SAVING – Eliminating alternative pre-milking prep leads to cost savings against, paper towels, medicated wipes and laundry towels etc.
5. LESS CROSS CONTAMINATION – The sanicleanse concentrate sanitiser has shown to control a wide range of bacteria. We are also able to install the brush flush system alongside the equipment which injects a small adjustable amount of peracetic acid (5% onto the brush) alongside the sanicleanse sanitiser to aid in controlling cross contamination.
6. SUPERIOR STIMULATION – The brushes rotate at the optimum speed for peak stimulation. With the aid of warm water the stimulation of the cow is also increased.
7. OPERATOR’S HANDS STAY CLEAN – Disposal of used material used in alternative pre-milking preps is eliminated therefore hands are kept cleaner.
8. RETURN ON INVESTMENT – Eliminating alternative pre-milking preps where costs are involved in paper towels, medicate wipes, laundry towel costs etc. Lowered somatic cell count and mastitis cases lead to better quality milk being produced. Chemical usage is also lowered as the teat scrubber only requires minimal amounts to complete its routine.