Break up compaction without destroying soil structure. The Bigham TerraTill® lifts and bends subsoil to remove hardpans. The difference is in the award winning leg design. The leg is angled 45 degrees to the side at working depths of 10” to 17” to gently lift the soil, allowing it to fracture along its natural planes of weakness and then settle back again. This loosening improves water infiltration and drainage, encourages root development, and allows for deeper fertilizer placement. The gentle lifting action leaves topsoil and subsoil layers intact, minimizes clods, and leaves valuable residue on the surface.
The TerraTill uses the same leg design principles that makes the Paratill® successful, but provides a narrower, more shallow loosened zone.
In average field conditions each TerraTill Leg loosens a zone approximately 12” to 18” wide up to a 17” operating depth. Reduction in the width of the loosened zone results in a better maintained firm traffic lane in narrow spaced row crops.
High clearance TerraTill Legs provide frame clearance for deep soil penetration. Four, Six and Eight Leg machines are equipped with coulters for operation in heavy residue.
Rear bedding tools on the TerraTill frame let you combine deep tillage and ridging or bedding in the same pass to save trips across the field.
- Heavy duty diamond mast frame has 4 x 7 x 3/8” tube on the front bar. The same frame can be used for zone loosening for 30 to 32” rows in most leg configurations. Heavy Category III wide hitch is standard on all models.
- Spring loaded swivel coulter with fluted blade provides up to 1200 pounds of residue slicing pressure.
- Each Leg is protected by three high quality replaceable wear surface parts.
- Screw Jack Gauge Wheels and 1 x 3” shanks with clamps (for bedding tools on the back bar) are included with selected models.
- Spring-loaded Swivel Coulters
- Slice through residue to prevent clogging and wrapping on tillage legs.
- Bedding Tools
- Finishing Tools
- Gauge Wheels
- Other Options