Model TF2, TF212, TF215, TF5S - Soil Conditioner
Flex your muscles the next time you’re working ground with a J&M Torsion-Flex Soil Conditioner. The double basket design features a torsion-flex arm that maintains proper ground tension and allows the basket to flex over uneven terrain. The result is a more consistent performance that levels and finishes the soil in one pass...preparing a more uniform seed bed composed of finer soil at planting depth to help retain proper moisture and large particles on top to reduce crusting. The new Double Twist™ baskets by J&M feature a 2 to 1 slat design, providing ultimate ground contact for smoother rolling. This reduces the chance of “wash boarding” and prepares the field for maximum seed to soil contact and germination. The flat end and open center design reduces the chance of rock, mud and debris build-up. The heavy-duty 13” or 16” baskets are made with tall, 3/8” thick steel slats for maximum durability.
The offset dual basket design creates unequal downward pressure between the front and rear baskets. With less downward pressure, the front basket works the top of the soil and allows the baskets to ‘walk-over’ rocks and foreign debris and reduce the chance of washboarding, while the rear basket more aggressively penetrates the soil for maximum conditioning, residue and chemical mixing.
Heavy-Duty triple-lipped seals are set in the bell-shaped end basket design, providing greater protection from rocks and debris.
HEAVY-DUTY FOUR HOLE FLANGE BEARINGS
The heavy-duty four hole flange bearings with triple-lip seals better resists dirt and residue contamination in high speed, high usage applications. This bearing is standard equipment on all J&M Torsion-Flex conditioners but optional on some competitor's models.
Standard 13' Baskets
- Basket Design Consists of Eight (8)3/8” Thick by 2” Tall Steel Slats
- Standard Diameter Baskets Produce Greater Rotational Speeds For More Aggressive Ground Contact - Ideal For Harder Soil Types
- Large Center Opening for Less Chance of Rock Collection
Optional 16' Baskets
- Basket Design Consists of Nine (9)3/8” Thick by 3” Tall Steel Slats
- Larger Diameter Baskets Pull Easier with Less Horsepower and Float Over SoftSandyLoamy Soils
- Larger Center Opening for Less Chance of Rock Collection