'The Disrupter' was originally designed to stop the roping and rumbling with green stem beans in all of the Case-IH Axial-flow combines, both the conventional and specialty rotor, although the problem was not as severe with the specialty because the rotor itself was more aggressive. However, because of the more aggressive rotor in the specialty another problem has arisen that “The Disrupter” has solved. Rotor loss in corn with corn shucks carrying kernels out the back. Remember that you must use the Rice Spike Bars in the specialty rotor because they do the same job as the scallop bars do in the conventional rotor. (Force the straw past or through “The Disruptor” lugs.) With the aggressiveness of the Rice Spike Bars over the back half of the rotor YOU MUST remove all of the Retarder Bars that originally existed on all specialty rotors, “The Disrupter” lugs act as an internal straw chopper.
It is very important that 'The Disrupter' lugs be used with an aggressive rotor. In the conventional rotor you must use the green maze bar, and in the specialty rotor you must use the rice spike bars.
Reasons to use 'The Disrupter'
- Stops rotor roping of green stem soybeans in both conventional & specialty rotors.
- Stops rotor rumbling in all crops with heavy straw.
- Stops rotor loss in corn due to whole shucks carrying kernels out in both conventional and especially in specialty rotors because they are more aggressive.
- Helps spreaders spread more evenly.
- No disking field for anhydrous application.
- Cuts wheat straw for easy spreading when double cropping.
- Cuts and crushes rice straw for faster decaying and quicker field return.
- Improves straw chopper efficiency because the pieces are smaller upon entry.
- Power requirements do not change with 'The Disrupter' and some clients have reported power increase. (less constipation in the rotor)
- Improves crop flow in edible beans and black-eyed peas. (install only 1/2 set)
Reason not to use 'The Disrupter'
- Baling wheat straw
'The Disrupter' lugs are made of solid 28% chrome that enhances the operation of all Axial-Flo combines.
- US Patent # 5,569,080
- 20,000 sets sold