Thermal Weed Control Equipment
This equipment is designed for the elimination and control of weed by means of a thermal treatment. A thermal –shock is applied to the weeds by using a thermal shield with gas burners. Punctual temperatures up to 1000°C are applied to the weed within milliseconds causing a dehydration of the weed, eliminating them in an environmental friendly way.
Main technical characteristics:
- Thermal shields of stainless steel with propane gas burners.
- To be assembled on hydraulic inter-row device or on special chassis.
- Cabinet and gateway for the connection of the gas tank.
- Electric control in the tractor cab, both for the control of the burner and the inter-row arm movement.
- Different shield size depending on the application.
- Working speeds up to 3km/h.
- Calorific consumption (high flame): 30.000 kcal/h per burner.
- Calorific consumption (low flame): 5.000 kcal/h per burner.
- Fuel: Propane (in gas form or liquefied).
Main optional equipment:
- Assembly on ventral hydraulic inter-row device.
- Assembly on bilateral chassis with two inter-row devices for vineyards.
- Assembly on chassis with three-point hitch coupling for use in horticultural plantations.
- Fuel feeding from gas cylinder or from gas tank of different capacities.