Titan - Tire Corporation
Titan Tire Corporation, a subsidiary of Titan International, Inc., is one of North America's largest manufacturers of off-highway tires. Titan's tire production facilities are located in Freeport, Illinois, Bryan, Ohio, and Des Moines, Iowa, which also serves as the headquarters for the tire group. The company manufactures two distinct brands,Titan and Goodyear Farm Tires, known for their quality craftmanship, unique tread designs and excellent durability.
Titan is the only major manufacturer that focuses on off-highway tire production and our manufacturing capability is highly diversified. Our plants are equipped to produce tires ranging in size from 6 to 72.5 inches in diameter. Applications include agricultural, construction, industrial and all terrain vehicles.
Take Care of Your Tires, They'll Take Care of You
- Air inflation pressures should be adjusted for each field activity to maximize the tire footprint, traction, tire wear and overall fuel efficiency.
- Determine the load you will be carrying for various applications. Stop by a local retailer that has a scale for weighing the tractor and implement. Proper inflation is a function of tractor weight, load and travel speed. Consult your dealer to determine the best inflation for your application. To determine the optimum inflation pressure for metric ag radial tires, based on load use our Goodyear Farm Tires tire pressure calculator.
- Having the correct weight, tire size and inflation pressure can help reduce slip by half.
Prevent Stubble Damage to Your Tires
- Think ahead and order and install tires well in advance of major fieldwork.
- Choose the right tire for the application that will fit in between the rows and stay in the row.
- Set the tractor axle spacing to run in the row not on top, as well as run with the row.
- Low tire pressure can lead to excessive flexing in the tire, which can result in sidewall damage.
- Consider installing stalk stompers.
Tire Pressure Calculator
Goodyear Farm Tires, a Titan Tire Corporation brand, is pleased to announce the launch of a new mobile-friendly website that helps farmers determine the optimum inflation pressure for their metric radial tires, based on load.
By visiting TirePressureCalculator.com, the user simply indicates the dimensions of the tire and the load index (which can both be found on the side of the tire) as well as the axle and implement weight,* and the calculator will provide the optimum inflation pressure for the user’s application, as recommended by the Tire and Rim Association.
The calculator works for any brand of metric, agriculture radial tire and is easily accessible from a smartphone, tablet or computer. This eliminates the need for farmers to carry around handbooks and consult large tables of load and inflation data whenever making tire inflation adjustments.
“Inflation pressure is the most important aspect of tire maintenance and should be adjusted based on load. The balance between load and inflation directly affects key performance metrics such as traction, flotation, tire wear and fuel efficiency,” said Scott Sloan, product engineering manager for Goodyear Farm Tires, “but, because load and inflation tables aren’t always accessible in the field, the tendency for farmers is to estimate or simply ignore inflation altogether. Doing so, however, can severely inhibit performance and tire longevity. That’s why we introduced the calculator.”