Topcon - On-the-Go Crop Canopy Sensor
CropSpec is a real-time integrated crop monitoring and application system for agricultural equipment, developed in cooperation with Yara International. Designed for use with Topcon’s X20 or X30 consoles, CropSpec operates with the VRC program (MapLINK) or any of the X20 or X30 application controllers and allows the user to monitor in-field variability, treat on-the-go, or keep data for future analysis or prescription application.
CropSpec is a two-sensor configuration that is light and easy to install. The sensors mount on the cabin roof, out of harm's way with less potential for damage to crops or equipment. With technology based on Topcon's core competency of optics, CropSpec uses pulsing laser diodes for sensing. The sensor measures plant reflectance to determine chlorophyl content, which is closely related to the nitrogen concentration in the leaf. This non-destructive, non-contact method provides accurate, stable readings and repeatable values.
- Reduce fertilizer costs by applying based only on crop need
- Create prescription maps, or prescribe and apply in a single pass
- Round-the-clock 24/7 operation
- Cab mounted sensors protected and out of harms way
- Largest sensor footprint in the industry
- Senses a larger percentage of the area to be applied
- Compatible with Topcon X20 or X30 Controllers