Jones Engineering have the Toppers to suit your task whatever the crop. Models available include: front or rear mounted steel flailed with auger discharge, Twin Rotor rubber flailed carrot toppers, in field Crowning machines or specialist onion toppers. All can be fitted with automatic height control and also available are hydraulic folding three bed machines for the larger grower or contractor.
Topmaster - The fast efficient way to top Carrots, Onions or Potatoes.
The Jones Engineering Topmaster can be front or rear mounted to give extra versatility to enable you to pretop before spraying off on the front of your tractor when harvesting.
The Topmaster has a working width of 72' and can be adapted to suit most rows or bed widths. The tops are discharged onto harvested ground by a 300mm diameter auger or cross conveyor which can be easily removed as a unit to facilitate cleaning or service.
Working height is controlled by adjustable heavy duty pivoting wheels fitted on the front or rear of the machine with a floating headstock allowing the machine to follow the contours of the ground.
In standard form the Topmaster is P.T.O. driven. But for customers without front linkage and P.T.O. it can be supplied with hydraulic drive and it's own lifting linkage.
Advantages of Front Topping
1. Increased work rate - by removing tops and discharging to one side you can harvest 1 or 2 gears faster.
2. Less Damage - A well known fact if you remove the tops you reduce damage.
3. One man can do two jobs - Save on a tractor, a man and diesel by mounting on front of harvesting tractor.
4. Improve traction - More increased front axle weight, increasing traction.
5. Geared to run at low engine revs - To suit harvester speed.
Jones Engineering Onion Toppers are heavy duty and come with a unique all-gearbox drive allowing the blades to be kept in time, which results in cleaner topped onions. When in work the topper is pulled along on four wheels and the trough which houses the blades is raised and lowered hydraulically, achieving more accurate height control whilst maintaining stability on undulating ground.