TracPacker - Model 2-4W-1005 - Single Stage Unit
New for 2006, the model 2-4W-1005 “Single Stage” TracPacker unit was developed for the smaller utility tractors and large row crop tractors that have no room on the side of the tractor for a side unit commonly used in the “Two Stage” unit. The concept is to mount the TracPacker on the weight bracket instead of replacing the weight bracket with a TracPacker mounting bracket. You gain access to more tractor models and give up very little in the filling and packing process. The concept of filling the pivot tracks and packing with the weight of the tractor has always been the major advantage that the patented TracPacker provides. York Agri-products front tank mount hook modified designs are utilized for some applications, while TracPacker specific designs are available for other application.
Mounting Brackets available for:
- John Deere R183722: fits on 40-50-55-60 series 2WD JD tractors and all of the 7220 series and up tractors, including 30 series.
- John Deere R178473 and R124753: brackets fit on the smaller MFWD utility tractors JD 5425, 5525, and 5625 series. These brackets also fit the 6230. 6330, and 6430MFWD utility tractors.
- Any tractor that accommodates these above listed weight brackets will handle the JD Front Hook.
- John Deere 7800 – 8430 series MFWD & 2WD
- John Deere 30-60 series 2WD
- Case-IH 71 – 8950 series MFWD & 2WD
- Case-IH MX MFWD
- New Holland TG, TM, and Genesis
The small frame row crop tractors such as 6400 series JD and 5200 series MX do not have the side-rail room for using the two stage units. The new “Single Stage” concept allows you to use the smaller horsepower tractors for TracPacking, saving you dollars in tractor hour costs.
As with the two stage units, the front fender is recommended to be removed for improved operational visibility.
The 2006 Husker Harvest Days event was a sell out event. All units on the lot were sold and more purchased for later delivery. Join the movement to using the TracPacker for pivot track filling and packing. TracPacker does the job once and does the job right!
This unit displays the Ridgeknocker attachment, which is available for all new Single Stage TracPacker models. The two soil moving processes are occurring in front of the tractor with the patented tractor packing of the soil done after the soil movements.
- Extremely simple to use and operate! You simply drive the tractor with the right front tractor tire in the pivot track. The front unit moves the displaced soil from the left side into the track and the front tire packs that soil into the bottom of the track. The side unit moves the right side of the displaced soil into the track and the rear tractor tire packs the track full and level with the field surface.
- Cylinder safety lock-up straps allow you to lock the TracPacker units in the 'up' position and disconnect the TracPacker hydraulics from the tractor. This enables you to take other equipment such as blades or tillage equipment to the field to take care of other problem situations in the field. Other 'pull behind' track fillers completely tie up your tractor for one purpose only.
- The 2003 TracPacker features a depth band on the side unit that controls disk gang depth in sandy soils or light residue conditions. Place the hydraulic levers in float and sit back and enjoy the ride.
- A new front gauge wheel adjustment design features a fully enclosed screw that provides easy adjustment in all conditions. The adjustable gage wheel on the front unit rides in the unfilled track bottom, allowing for minimal soil movement in shallow track areas and maximum soil movement in deeper tracks. The front tractor tire always runs in a half filled track, preventing any damage to the tire. The varied diameter disks feather the moved soil to a level surface leaving smooth edges.
- The TracPacker front unit mounts onto the front of the tractor where the weight bracket is attached. The TracPacker side unit mounts on a bracket that bolts onto the side frame rail of your tractor. Each unit has two drop stands with dolly wheels that slide up for field work and down for storage.
- To attach the TracPacker you simply roll the units up to the tractor, install four bolts on each unit, hook up the cylinder hoses to the SCV outlets, and you are off to the field. Once the original mounting brackets are installed, you can attach or detach the TracPacker in 25 minutes.
- The TracPacker is designed to be operated with the hydraulic cylinders in the float position. This allows the units to fill all depths of tracks with the right amount of soil to achieve a level finished field surface.
- Smoother ride and faster operating speeds than other track fillers. At an operating speed of 4 to 5 mph, you can fill and pack the tracks on a system in 1.5 to 2 hours.
- Tracks are not just filled in, they are packed in which makes for a shallower track next year. The disk gangs move the displaced soil back to the track where it is packed twice into the bottom of the track. This key function gets more soil packed back in to the track and allows the refilled track to remain more stable through the irrigation season.
- Ideal for no-till, ridge till, or conventional till fields.
- No more bouncing over filled ridges or driving back over the entire system to pack down those ridges. Planters, sprayers and haying equipment ride smoothly through the fields.
- Pivot tracks do not wash out or squish soil out to their original depth after a few irrigations. Pivots that used to get stuck constantly ride higher in shallower tracks and pivots constantly getting stuck is no longer a problem.
- Designed and patented by a farmer, the TracPacker has been proven on pivot tracks from North Dakota to Texas and Washington State to Illinois. Satisfied TracPacker users report that their pivot tracks the following year are half as deep as tracks filled with tillage or regular track filling machines and pivots no longer get stuck in deep tracks.
- The TracPacker is adaptable to 30, 36, 38, and 40 inch wheel spacing. Two wheel drive system mounting applications are available for 2510 through 7810 series John Deere, 56 through 8930 series International tractors, and older model Case and White tractors.