TracPacker - Model 2W-1003 - Base Unit
This is the model that started it all! This base unit will fit a wide variety of tractors (see listing at right). The disk gangs move the displaced soil back to the track where it is packed twice into the bottom of the track. This key function gets more soil packed back in to the track and allows the refilled track to remain more stable through the irrigation season. At an operating speed of 4 to 5 mph, you can fill and pack the tracks on a system in 1.5 to 2 hours.
Mounting Brackets available for:
- John Deere 2510 - 7810 – 8430 series 2WD
- Case-IH 706 – 8940 series 2WD
- Older Case 2WD series 930 – 1030 2WD
- White 105-155 series 2WD
- Will fit other models with adequate side-rail space
The TracPacker advantage lies in the ability of the system to adjust on the go the amount of soil delivered into the tracks through changing terrain with varying depths of tracks.
The gauge wheel rides in the track bottom automatically controlling the amount of soil movement. The inside disk blade moves the “squished out ridge of soil” back into the track and the variable size disk blades on the gang feather the field surface back to a level packed finish.
The front tire packs the first soil movement into the bottom of the pivot track, making room for the second movement of soil to fit into the track. The rear tractor tire then packs the second movement into the track.
The TracPacker system provides over 15 times the “in track compaction” of any other system. TracPacker filled tracks stay shallower through the irrigation season, allowing the pivots to operate with less stress in those shallow tracks. Less system stress means fewer system breakdowns.
The TracPacker moves only the amount of soil that is needed to fill and pack the track level. Crop residue stays in place to protect the disturbed soil area. No more washouts beside the filled track due to over aggressive soil movement.
- Extremely simple to use and operate! You simply drive the tractor with the right front tractor tire in the pivot track. The front unit moves the displaced soil from the left side into the track and the front tire packs that soil into the bottom of the track. The side unit moves the right side of the displaced soil into the track and the rear tractor tire packs the track full and level with the field surface.
- Cylinder safety lock-up straps allow you to lock the TracPacker units in the 'up' position and disconnect the TracPacker hydraulics from the tractor. This enables you to take other equipment such as blades or tillage equipment to the field to take care of other problem situations in the field. Other 'pull behind' track fillers completely tie up your tractor for one purpose only.
- The 2003 TracPacker features a depth band on the side unit that controls disk gang depth in sandy soils or light residue conditions. Place the hydraulic levers in float and sit back and enjoy the ride.
- A new front gauge wheel adjustment design features a fully enclosed screw that provides easy adjustment in all conditions. The adjustable gage wheel on the front unit rides in the unfilled track bottom, allowing for minimal soil movement in shallow track areas and maximum soil movement in deeper tracks. The front tractor tire always runs in a half filled track, preventing any damage to the tire. The varied diameter disks feather the moved soil to a level surface leaving smooth edges.
- The TracPacker front unit mounts onto the front of the tractor where the weight bracket is attached. The TracPacker side unit mounts on a bracket that bolts onto the side frame rail of your tractor. Each unit has two drop stands with dolly wheels that slide up for field work and down for storage.
- To attach the TracPacker you simply roll the units up to the tractor, install four bolts on each unit, hook up the cylinder hoses to the SCV outlets, and you are off to the field. Once the original mounting brackets are installed, you can attach or detach the TracPacker in 25 minutes.
- The TracPacker is designed to be operated with the hydraulic cylinders in the float position. This allows the units to fill all depths of tracks with the right amount of soil to achieve a level finished field surface.
- Smoother ride and faster operating speeds than other track fillers. At an operating speed of 4 to 5 mph, you can fill and pack the tracks on a system in 1.5 to 2 hours.
- Tracks are not just filled in, they are packed in which makes for a shallower track next year. The disk gangs move the displaced soil back to the track where it is packed twice into the bottom of the track. This key function gets more soil packed back in to the track and allows the refilled track to remain more stable through the irrigation season.
- Ideal for no-till, ridge till, or conventional till fields.
- No more bouncing over filled ridges or driving back over the entire system to pack down those ridges. Planters, sprayers and haying equipment ride smoothly through the fields.
- Pivot tracks do not wash out or squish soil out to their original depth after a few irrigations. Pivots that used to get stuck constantly ride higher in shallower tracks and pivots constantly getting stuck is no longer a problem.
- Designed and patented by a farmer, the TracPacker has been proven on pivot tracks from North Dakota to Texas and Washington State to Illinois. Satisfied TracPacker users report that their pivot tracks the following year are half as deep as tracks filled with tillage or regular track filling machines and pivots no longer get stuck in deep tracks.
- The TracPacker is adaptable to 30, 36, 38, and 40 inch wheel spacing. Two wheel drive system mounting applications are available for 2510 through 7810 series John Deere, 56 through 8930 series International tractors, and older model Case and White tractors.