Tru-Test - Electronic Milk Meter
Tru-Test Electronic Milk Meter is a patented, ICAR approved, portable device that will automatically record milk yield, automatically dispense a representative sample, read uniquely identified milk sample vials and communicate wirelessly with the Tru-Test Data Handler. The milk sample vials used with the Tru-Test Electronic Milk Meter can be uniquely identified by either barcode labels or by RFID tags. Sample vials do not need to be sequenced in trays. Tru-Test Electronic Milk Meter system can interface to animal RFID systems allowing fast, accurate and seamless linking of data and data integration.
- Uses a uniquely identified vial so that the milk sample is electronically linked to a cow identification number.
- Smart software in the EMM checks that there is a new sample vial fitted and the cow number is entered before commencing automatic sampling.
- Milk yield is recorded on the farm by the EMM.
- Sample is stirred and then precisely dispensed automatically.
- Battery operation for ease of use in all parlours and barns.
- Utilises the well proven Tru-Test proportional milking head.
- Data Handler uses radio frequency (RF) to communicate with the EMM.
- Herd information can be preloaded into the Data Handler for on-the-spot checking for errors.
- Data Handler link allows printouts of yield on the farm, on the day of the test and two way communication with the herd recording database.
- Data Handler software can be tailored to suit customer's requirements.
- Can take animal IDs from RFID tags, speeding up the entry of animal IDs and minimising errors.
- Data Handler can take animal IDs from RFID tags, speeding up the entry of animal IDs and minimising errors.
- Data Handler has flexibility to be used with other systems, for example Tru-Test mechanical WB Milk Meters.