The Trillion-Broadcast Seeder meets the challenge for shallow seed placement on a prepared seedbed by combining the Truax seed box design with Brillion® cultipacker rollers. The result is a broadcast seeding, eliminating the row effect, on a prepared seedbed planted at a shallow depth. A single machine plants turf grasses, wildflowers or forbs, native grasses, introduced grasses, legumes, and cover crops.The Trillion and the Pull Broadcaster are the most forgiving planters for handling hand picked or combine run seed mixes in that neither have seed hoses or boots to plug when the fluffy seeds are metered from the boxes. The result is a broadcast seeding, eliminating the row effect, on a prepared seedbed planted at a shallow depth.
Trillion seed boxes utilize the standard Truax design to handle a variety of seed types…
- A small seed box for smaller flowable seeds, such as Alfalfa, Clover, Switch Grass.
- A fluffy seed box with an auger/agitator and picker wheels for non-flowable seeds, such as fluffy, chaffy seed, Bluestems, Blue Grama, Indiangrass.
- A cool season seed box for larger flowable seeds, such as Oats, Wheat, Peas, Soybeans.
- Row dividers in the small seed and fluffy seed boxes keep seed distributed across the machine.
- Row dividers can be added to the cool season box as an option.
- A derailleur style speed changer controls seed output from the fluffy seed box.
- Separate slide levers on the small seed and cool season boxes set the openings for seed flow to the fluted seed metering cups.
- Seed output from each seed box is calibrated independent from the other boxes.
Baffles direct seed as a broadcast seeding between the cultipacker rollers.
- The leading roller crushes clods, removes air pockets, and presses down small stones forming a smooth, firm seedbed in front of seed drop.
- The second cultipacker roller splits the shallow ridges formed by the front roller, gently firming the soil around the seeds, ensuring shallow seed placement and excellent seed-to-soil contact.
- These notched rollers create little pockets on the soil surface to trap moisture. Seeds are placed in the top 1/4″ -1/2″ of soil for rapid germination and seedling development.
The Trillion is available in three seeding widths; 5 feet, 8 feet, or 10 feet.
- The 5 foot model is available only for 3-point hook-up.
- The 8 foot model is available for either 3-Point hitch or with end wheel transport.
- The 10 foot model is available only with dual rear wheel transport.
- The 12 foot model is available only with dual rear wheel transport.
TRILLION DRILL: GRASS – THREE POINT, END WHEEL, & REAR TRANSPORT
- Distribution of seed over the full width of drill – “no row effect” creating a more natural appearance without drill rows.
- Culti-packer roller firms seed bed ahead of seed placement.
- Seed placement varies from being surface applied to placement as deep as 3/4″ , depending on the amount of contact with the second Trillion culti-packer roller.
- Combine-run and hand collected seed can be metered from the fluffy seed box because the convoluted rubber seed hoses are replaced by sheet metal baffles to direct the seed from the metering seed cups to the ground for placement.
- Tractor hydraulics allow operator to raise and float all three styles of Trillions up and across soft, fluffy soils, while keeping the rollers turning and thereby maintaining the flow of seed to the ground placement roller.
- The three seed box versatility, and full width distribution, allows the operator to diversify and plant turf grasses, pasture mixes, prairie grasses and wildflowers from the same piece of equipment.