Truax - Model U Series - Utility Drill
The Truax alternative for seed delivery and placement when Drilling in close quarters such as in narrow ditch bottoms or around structural improvements. Truax Utility Series Drills are a three-point hitch Drill with rear mounted drive wheel. Seed placement, whether in bare ground or interseeded into cover crops or sod, is one of the most challenging concerns when establishing grasses. Truax double disc openers and no-till attachments meet this challenge.
U-Series Drills are designed so that you can purchase just the Drill you need, then add optional features to meet your changing needs.
- Available as a 4.0 foot (Utility-86), 5.3 foot (Utility-88) or 8.0 foot (Utility 812).
- U-Series Drills feature the traditional Truax seed box design for efficient handling of all types and textures of seed and precision metering of seed flow.
- Available as a grass Drill with two seed boxes, a large fluffy seed box and a small seed box with the option for adding a cool season/grain box to make it a three box Drill.
- Available as a grain Drill with two seed boxes, a grain box and a small box. A fluffy seed box cannot be added to the grain Drill.
- 3-Point Hitch only
- Row dividers in the small seed and fluffy seed boxes
- Auger/agitator and picker wheels in the fluffy seed box
- Independent seeding rate adjustment on each seed box
- Oversized seed tubes to the double disc openers
- Depth bands on all disc openers
- Press wheels behind the disc openers.
- Options include the cool season/grain seed box, row dividers in this box, no-till capabilities, foam filled tires, tail lights, toolbox, and other common features of the FLEXII Drills. Contact Truax Company for more detail.