The Wyma Drying Tunnel removes excess surface moisture from produce prior to packaging. The main objective of this equipment is to reduce the risk of bacterial growth, disease initiation and produce degradation during storage, transport and packaging, and maximise shelf life. These non-desirable occurrences mostly effect fresh produce that are susceptible to wetting (produce can be harvested in the wet or sprayed, washed or dipped into a wet tank during processing). A specifically designed hood creates a tunnel that the produce travels through. A high velocity flow of air is provided by the combination of an optional vertical warm air heater at the out-feed end of the Drying Tunnel, and an extractor fan mounted over the in-feed end of the machine. The air heater pumps warm dry air into the hood. Additional fans mounted on top of the hood generate air turbulence inside the tunnel.
The rollers transporting the produce are mounted on an endless chain travelling at a speed suitable to meet the product throughput requirements and to allow sufficient time for moisture removal to occur. These rollers allow for the produce to rotate for even surface drying, while also retaining and radiating heat on to the surface of the produce, adding to the drying efficiency. A portion of air can be re-circulated for efficient use of heat.
- Insulated hood for maximum energy efficiency
- Heat exchanger ensures low air humidity to optimise drying efficiency*
- Variable roller conveyor speed to control amount of time in the Drying Tunnel*
- Reduced bacteria growth, resulting in extended shelf-life
- Gentle handling
- Robustly built to withstand wet produce and variable conditions
- Roller conveying to maximise drying efficiency and reach
- Additional air circulation fans to keep sufficient air movement to aid drying
- Available in multiple sizes
- Upgrade to stainless steel rollers available*