Model T - Wand Detector
From Coded Wire Tags
NMT's T-Wand is a rugged Coded Wire Tag (CWT) detector for field use. It is fully waterproof, floats, and is stable in a wide range of temperatures. The T-Wand is a significant advance over the blue Handheld Wand, and we recommend the T-Wand for most field applications that require a portable CWT detector.
The detection range of the T-Wand is 5.5 cm for a standard length CWT, considerably more than the blue Handheld Wand (3.2 cm). Because of this, the T-Wand is quicker and easier to use than the blue Handheld Wand, fewer tags will be missed, and mouth wanding is not needed or feasible for large salmon. The T-Wand is rubbed against the suspected tag site, and indicates the presence of a CWT with a beep and lights.
- The T-Wand weighs 1 pound 7 ounces (0.68 kg) and is just over 12 inches (30 cm) long.
- The volume can be toggled between medium, off and high.
- Three LED lights are highly visible, even in full sun.
- Two AA batteries are inserted by unscrewing the handle end cap.
- The T-Wand is balanced in the hand, making it comfortable for extended use.
- A fabric belt holster is included.
- T-Wand Spec Sheet
The T-Wand is made in Washington, USA. Each T-Wand is packed in a heavy-duty transit case with a fabric holster, wand standard, and instructions.