The UltimaXtra range of Trailers is fitted with the same high spec features as our Ultima range with the following additions and optional extras available :-
- All UltimaXtra trailers are fitted with bodies fabricated from Hardox 450 steel.
- The sides are lighter than the conventional mild steel ones used on the Ultima range.
- They are pressed as shown for additional strength and this reduces the number of side channels required, resulting in further weight saving whilst maintaining strength
Ball & Spoon Type Hitch
- Heavy duty bolt on hitches available with :-
- Hitch eye
- Swivel hitch eye
- Ball & spoon coupling
Single Tipping Ram
- Single multi-stage chromed tipping ram is available as an option on the UltimaXtra range.
- The single tipping ram enables the trailer body to be lifted and lowered more quickly.
- This arrangement uses less hydraulic oil than our conventional twin ram configuration, reducing wear on many components, including the tractor hydraulic pump.
- Tri-axles are available as an option on the UltimaXtra range.
- Tri-axles are rumoured to be a consideration in the forthcoming second phase of legislation changes to speed and weight limits
- Air suspension is available as on option on the UltimaXtra range.
- Air suspension gives a cushioned ride and improved road holding also reducing stress on the trailer components.
- A constant ride height can be maintained even when the trailer is fully loaded.
- Steering axle
- Hydraulic Suspension