US3 - Model BSC-50 - Remote Terminal Units
BSC-50E is an ultra low power wireless RTU with data logging and alarming capabilities. The battery powered RTU incorporates a quad band GSM/GPRS modem, four digital inputs, two analog inputs, one pulse counter input and multiple excitation options for powering measuring transducers. A Lithium Thionyl battery provides autonomous operation for over 10 years.
BSC-50E utilizes a dual processor architecture in order to combine extreme low power consumption with advanced processing and communication capabilities. A system controller (ultra low power MCU) performs measurement, data logging and alarm condition detection in continuous operation. A powerful communication processor, switched on and off by the system controller, performs data processing and controls communications through the internal wireless MODEM. The result is up to 50% power saving comparatively to respective units of the competition, while performing the same tasks.
- Power Network Fault Monitoring
- Waste Water Management
- Security Systems
- Asset Management
- Greenhouse Controls & Irrigation Systems
- Environmental Telemetry
- M2M Systems
- There are two main modes of operation that include power network independent battery operation and external power adaptor supply operation.
- The internal battery is used for uninterrupted operation in case of power failure.During battery supplied operation, only the low powered micro-controller is awake.
- The microcontroller acts as a switch to turn on and off the power consuming GSM modem in case of an alarm occurrence or during periodic messaging.
- The microcontroller also turns on during battery mode for other subsystems such as the external sensor excitation and analog conditioning circuits for sampling the analog input.
- This low power-consuming mode allows this device to function uninterrupted for years with little to no at site maintenance.
BSC-50-E is an ultra low power wireless RTU with data logging and alarming capabilities. The battery powered RTU incorporates a quad band GSM/GPRS modem, four digital inputs, two analog inputs, one pulse counter input and multiple excitation options for powering measuring transducers. A Lithium Thionyl battery provides autonomous operation for over 10 years.
BSC-50-D is an ultra low power wireless RTU with alarming capabilities. The battery powered RTU incorporates a quad band GSM/GPRS modem and four digital inputs. A Lithium Thionyl battery provides autonomous operation for up to 15 years.
Supply Voltage Internal: 3.6V, 13Ah Lithium Thionyl battery lasting up to 10 years or External: 9..24 VDC, 26VDC max
- System controllerUltra Low Power MCU
- Communication ProcessorARM 9 processor
- Data MemoryFerroelectric RAM
- Digital Inputs4, dry contact, 0-30VDC
- Pulse counters1. 40Hz, common with DI 4
- Sensor excitation7V/140mA or 12VDC/80mA, 5VDC/100mA, 3,5V/200mA
- Analog Inputs 2. range : 0-1V/0-1.75V/0-2.5V, AI2: 0-20/4-20 mA option, 10 bit resolution
- Wireless modemQuad Band GSM/GPRS ( 850/900/1800/1900MHz)
- GSM Modem Quad band (850/900/1800/1900MHz) GSM CSD 14.4 kbps GPRS multi-slot class 10, class B
- RF connectorSMA Jack
- Serial interfaceRS232C, up to 115kBit/s
- Temperature-40° ...65°C, operating
- Indications2 LED, GSM network status, operation status
- Protection IP66
- Transducer Excitation:3.6 V / 0.4 A or potential free12 V / 80 mA
- Serial Port: RS232C, 9600 to 115200 bps
- Indicators:2 LED indicator lights, GSM network status, external power supply indication
- Power Consumption:40 uA (normal operation) AV 200mA (alarm messaging)