Model UW40 - Brushwood Cutters
From Brushwood Cutters
When your goal is to help young trees to get stronger and grow better, UW40 Brushwood Cutter is perfect choice for you. UW40 Brushwood Cutter gives you power and accurancy to do all precommercial thinnings. The compact head has either cutting or sawing function, depending on the rotation direction of blade.
- weight 90 kg
- hydraulic feed 30-60 l/min, 180 bar
- speed of rotation: one circle per second
- direction of rotation may be changed any time: either knife or saw
- cutting diameter 0-40 mm with knife, 20-90 mm with saw on either side
- easily fitted on various cranes
- hydraulic feed either from rotator line or grip line
- Active tilt: the cutter may then be tilted and locked during the cutting
The number of silvicultural treatment occasions that sapling stands require can be reduced by including a glyphosate treatment in the sapling stand management procedure. Glyphosate prevents coppice regrowth and kills grass that has grown in the area. Because the surrounding vegetation that competes for nutrients, water, and space is cleared, the growth rate of saplings increases considerably.
An accessory for controlled application of chemical herbicides is now available for the UW40 Brushwood Cutter. The accessory ensures accurate application, and the slowly rotating blade of the UW40 Brushwood Cutter proves excellent for this purpose: it does not splash the herbicide all over.
The series of photos shows a sapling stand site in which the UW40 Brushwood Cutter and controlled glyphosate treatment were used. Clearing was done on 22 June and the photos were taken on 1 August.