Vegetronix - Model SDI-12 to RS232 - Translator Board
Quickly turn your PC or modem into a SDI-12 compliant data logger, with the Vegetronix SDI-12 RS232 translator board.The translator will connect to your PC or modem through a RS232 interface, and allow you to communicate with SDI-12 compliant sensors with simple serial commands.You can use any serial port communication program such as the HyperTerminal program which is installed on all Windows platforms, to communicate with the device through a command line interface. You can also write your own software programs to communicate with the translator board, and merely need to target a serial port. The translator allows you to pass through standard SDI-12 commands, or you can set up the on-board scheduler, and it will retrieve data at specified intervals.
- Ultra-fast prototyping of SDI-12 sensor networks.
- Replacement of expensive data loggers.
- Environmental/Weather monitoring.
- Control and monitoring of irrigation systems.
- SDI-12 testing of sensors.
- Remote SDI-12 monitoring of sensors through a modem.
- Wireless access of SD-12 Sensors.
- Fully SDI-12 compliant.
- Sends SDI-12 commands and passes back the responses.
- Uses standard RS232 12V voltage levels (not TTL voltage levels).
- Low power.
- Can be used with any serial communication program.
- Command line interface.
- Can interface with up to 62 SDI-12 sensors.
- 4 mounting holes in each corner.