Vibrating Fluid Bed Coolers
Carrier vibrating fluid bed coolers are designed to cool a variety of products at a wide variation of feed rates.
Vibrating fluid bed coolers function by passing a process gas directly through a bed of solids via a perforated plate or another type of fluidizing media. Vibration is added to aid in fluidization of more difficult to fluidize materials.
Vibrating fluid bed coolers are well suited for the following applications:
- Processing of material that has a wide particle size distribution. Vibration will help to discharge oversize particles that will not fluidize.
- Processing of sluggish or sticky materials.
- Processing of fragile materials. Low amplitude vibration and reduced fluidizing velocity create a gentle bed, which causes less degradation than conventional fluid beds or other mechanical coolers.
Other features and benefits of Carrier vibrating fluid bed coolers:
- Material is continuously mixed while cooling — homogenous with no hot spots!
- Lower fluidizing velocities are required, making the system more thermally efficient.
- Easy to clean and maintain.
- Recirculated gas and closed-loop systems available for inert atmosphere or solvent recovery.
- Clean-in-place and fire suppression systems available where necessary.
- Carrier’s patented Delta-Phase® Drive option permits on-line adjustment of angle of vibration and precise retention time control.
- Sanitary, U.S.D.A. (3A) approved construction.